Improvised Self Rescue Course from Extreme Sports Cafe at our partner Rock Climbing School in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
This course is essential for any serious climber. The key to safe climbing is risk management. Understanding the risks associated with the sport allow climbers to successfully prevent major accidents. However, accidents do happen and having the skills and knowledge in order to help an injured climber is the ultimate risk prevention technique. In this course, we will teach you the essentials of self-rescue.
This course can be taken as a one, two or three day course.
- Day one is spent on the wall learning essential knots for self rescue as well as the essential skill of escaping the belay and transferring the load to the anchor.
- Day two allows you to practice the belay escape on real rock as well as learn how to rappel with an injured victim, ascend the rope with minimal equipment and if time permits, raising systems.
- Day three brings the course together with a mock rescue in which you complete a full rescue from the middle of a cliff. It is also possible to learn about rescuing a fallen leader if time permits.
- Techniques and skills discussed will include escaping the belay, aiding a victim, lowering an injured climber, raising an injured climber with a pulley system, building safety and rescue anchors, rappelling with an injured victim, minimum safety rescue equipment, improvised techniques for carrying an injured victim to safety, and more if time permits.
- Includes: Instruction, transportation, equipment, lunch, snacks, fruit, water, and insurance.
- Do bring: Sports shoes and comfortable clothing that you can move in!
Important - You must be a competent lead climber and have some multi-pitch experience to take this course. The amount of material covered in this course is entirely dependent on the ability of the student to progress through the concepts.
There are three distinct seasons in Chiang Mai: the Rainy Season-June to September, the Cold Season October-February, and the Dry Season March-May. It is possible to climb during all of these, each offering different benefits.
Full Climbing Course Price:
1-Day 3,995THB per person
2-Days 8,995THB per person
3-Days 13,995THB per person
Please use the QTY box in the Check Out process for exact number of people attending.
Then Click UPDATE and proceed through the Checkout as normal.
Buy this product to pay your booking fee and book your place.
Once we see your booking come through we will get in touch to confirm your chosen dates.
For any notes, comments, queries or extra details about your Climbing Course with Extreme Sports Cafe please use the 'add notes section' in the checkout process.
Please choose your Climbing Course from Extreme Sports Cafe at our partner Rock Climbing School in Chiang Mai, Thailand dates from the options below.
|Available Options: |
|Choose Length: || |
|Course Date - Day: || |
|Course Date - Month: || |
|Course Date - Year: || |