Extreme Sports Cafe's partner is the only company in the UK offering you the opportunity to experience the amazing buzz and power of the worlds wildest powerboat - the ZAPCAT. Zapcats are lightweight, high speed, insanely agile, adrenaline pumping, performance powerboats. Great fun on calm water and a huge grin factor in waves and in the air! Zapcats are highly suited to cope with all sea conditions from flat calm lakes to large surf. The unique fully inflated catamaran design enables the Zapcat to reach extreme speeds and out manoeuvre any other waterborne craft.
Zapcats are the fastest growing water sport in the UK because of the high octane, one-design sports low price & high performance. Extreme Sports Cafe brings you a wild range of Zapcat action experiences.
Just under 50mph top speed, up to 3 G in a turn, handle as if on rails, leap 6ft into the air and you start to understand what these boats can do! All of this performance can be handled on and off the water by just two people, as a complete Zapcat including 50 hp engine and accessories weighs just under a 150 kg.
- A Zapcat has a better power to weight ratio than a Ferrari Testarossa.
- Capable of handling extremely rough seas and large surf.
- A wave large enough to break over the boat will not cause the Zapcat to flood. As the water runs out the open back.
- Built for racing - will last & last due to its tough aluminium transom, composite spoiler and inflatable tubes manufactured from the highest quality European P.V.C fabric.
- Excellent fuel efficiency - over 5 times more fuel efficient than regular powerboats.
- Easy to tow - at only 270 kgs on its trailer, it will not slow you down.
- Folds down to less than 2m3 - you can pack a Zapcat away and transport it in the boot of your car.
- Catamaran design keeps the Zapcat stable when stationary.
- A Zapcat produces almost no wake, so you will not annoy other water users.
This is motocross or rallying on water, the skill of the pilot, a couple of foot straps and ropes are all that is going to prevent you from going for a swim! But if you do, you will be wearing a helmet, lifejacket and top of the range dry suit and a safety boat will be there to rescue you. As all race co-pilots will tell you, “You don’t qualify to call yourself a Zapcat co-pilot unless you have been for at least one swim!”
The zapcat experience is not just for the guys as all the girls love it too and providing you think you are fit enough there is no upper age limit as one 72 year old this year can testify!
Zapcat Experiences in the UK from Extreme Sports Cafe
Zapcat experiences are ideal for:
- Activity Supplier looking for a year round exciting experience.
- A great day out or a fantastic gift for a partner, colleague, friend or relative.
- An incentive scheme / company reward / competition prize / promotion.
The Zapcat Experience
Unforgettable Zapcat experiences where you get to go out in a Zapcat for an hour or so, with an instructor, and have a go.. Actual time in a Zapcat is usually limited to 10 minute sessions with a minimum of 20 minutes per guest in the morning/afternoon, usually as a co-pilot as physically most people cannot cope with any more. The rest of the time is spent watching and enjoying other peoples experiences whilst speeding along on the powerful RIB, also not for the faint hearted and an experience on its own!
- The whole Zapcat experience totals approximately 2 ½ hours on the water.
- Available from Southampton, Newgale & Canvey Island.
- It is dependant on the time available, on the day conditions and the instructors’ and safety officer’s discretion whether guests will have the chance to drive or not.
This is the only powerboat experience in the UK that is run and delivered by the team that run the National Zapcat Championship. Most of the instructors and staff have competed and their winning titles include: 2009 Zapcat Racing National Champion, 2009 King of the Surf (Bluesheets 1), 2009 Team Champions (Bluesheets 1 & 2) 2009 Rookie Champion (Certain Death) and, 2008 National Champions, 2008 King of the Surf (Pegasus Vortex Racing), 2008 Team Champions (Vortex Racing). Not only do they hold RYA race licenses but also hold commercially endorsed RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificates.
- Think about it as if you were going on a driving day experience and you arrive and find out that the instructor is either the British or World Touring Car Champion! How good would that be?! (Actually they both love our Zapcat experiences and one of them went for a swim!)
Already done the Zapcat Experience? Why not try the Zapcat Experience Plus!
Zapcat Experience Plus
A personal introduction to Powerboat Racing by a top Race Pilot "Learn to drive or race a Zapcat with the best in the business"
- A truly Unique Experience.
- Only delivered by Extreme Sports Cafe's partner and their associates.
- This is a One to One - Instructor / Pupil session.
- Zapcat driving lesson and race tuition experience.
- Delivered by one of the top inflatable powerboat pilots in the UK.
- Safety boat in attendance, dry suit provided.
- Available all year from Southampton or Southend - (except selected race weekends)
- Maximum 3 sessions per day. (Saturdays) 2 sessions per day (Sunday)
- Up to 2.5 hours on the water - driving and coaching following a race briefing.
- This product is strictly limited availability, therefore advise early booking to guarantee a date.
- Session will be tailored to customer needs so if racing in the future that will be the focus.
Stag and Hen Parties - Why Choose a Zapcat Experience?
- Ideal for groups of up to 15 or larger by special arrangement.
- Perfect for a Birthday party, Anniversary or Stag/Hen event.
- In Southampton we can accommodate up to 3 groups on the same day.
- The Zapcats are something totally different, not paint-balling or go karting!
- A real alternative adrenaline activity that appeals to a wide audience.
- Zapcats are extreme, yet safe, great fun.
- Southampton is great for a fun night out.
- Only 30 minutes drive from Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Winchester.
- Able to run in nearly all weather conditions with drysuits all year round.
- Clients tell us that this is one of the best things that they have ever done.
- We offer a true race experience, one instructor - one guest as a co-pilot.
- A true race style experience delivered by instructors who all race too!
- Great value for money.
Zapcat Experience Pricing
Despite increases in costs, especially fuel, we are very pleased to announce that we have not raised the prices for Group/Stag & Hen Zapcat experiences for 2010.
- Zapcat Experience 2-3 Hours £100.00
- Zapcat Experience Plus 1-day £199.00
- Standard Session – Minimum 8people - £85.00 per person (Stag/Hen organiser goes for FREE)
We can also cater for groups larger than 15 people as well as provide other events such as sailing, larger powerboats such as Hondas and Sunseekers.
Zapcat Racing began in South Africa in the early 80's when local crews raced inflatable boats down treacherous rivers and along the rugged coastline. Since the days of those extreme thrill seeking pioneers, inflatable boat technology has come a long way and the sport has crossed the oceans of the world to many countries including New Zealand, Australia and most recently the United Kingdom.
RIBs UK Ltd, the UK importer of Gemini Rigid Inflatables set up a National Zapcat Racing Series in 2001 that comprised of 6 events. Gemini Zapcat Racing uses a short shaft 50hp Tohatsu outboard motor with Boysen Power Reeds as the only modification.
- The racing takes place on flat water, open sea and surf. The courses raced change depending on the sea state and location. The concept is to make the course short, with repeated laps, close to the shore making for close racing and spectacular views for spectators, sponsors and the media. So we have a safe, exciting and highly competitive environment for the 2002 National Zapcat Race Series that started in May and consists of 12 events at 10 different national venues.
What can I use it for? You can race it next season for one thing!
- Although derived for racing in an extreme array of sea conditions, Zapcats are incredibly versatile !
- A Zapcat has a large carrying capacity for its size (850kg) and is CE approved to carry a maximum of five people, enabling it to be used for a variety of applications.
- A Zapcat powered by a short shaft 50hp Tohatsu outboard is capable of achieving 25 knots with five persons aboard and equipment. Providing an exhilarating and comfortable ride for all those aboard. A Zapcat is rated to carry from a 30hp to 70hp two stroke outboard.
- Also the Zapcats catamaran design makes it very stable platform when either at speed or rest, unlike monohulls. Making working from the Zapcat a pleasure when recovering objects from the water or operating equipment aboard. Zapcats can also be skied behind, used to tow water toys and even as a dive platform...
- The Zapcats amazing cornering abilities enables those being towed behind it to participate in a truly awesome experience.
Can I buy a Zapcat? In order for us to sell you a zapcat you are required to be at least Royal Yachting Association Powerboat Level 2 (or International Equivalent) qualified.
- Before a Zapcat is released by ESC or her partners, whether it be for race or recreational use. Proof of a Royal Yachting Association Powerboat Level 2 Certificate (or International Equivalent) must be displayed by the owner. Then, and only then, can you buy a Zapcat.
A Zapcat is what ever you want it to be ! If you want to see what this sport is all about then why not try one of our Zapcat experiences.
The Zapcat Experience…..One of the best adrenaline pumping activity experiences in the UK
Zapcat Experiences in the UK from Extreme Sports Cafe
Who runs our Extreme Sports Courses?
Extreme Sports Cafe and it's partner run extreme sports courses and experiences worldwide including Skydiving, Kitesurfing, Windsurfing, Surfing, Wakeboarding, Paragliding, Paramotoring, Climbing, Freediving, Bungy Jumping, Muay Thai, Bike Racing, Rafting, Kayaking, Scuba Diving, Zorb, S.U.P, Car Hire, Insurance and more. We offer a range of exciting, challenging and fun experiences for you to enjoy whilst on holiday and will have more sports and adventure centres & schools elsewhere soon...
Where do I take it from here?
You can go on to improve and expand your horizons; develop your technique; learn new skills and enjoy more advanced courses, become an instructor and teach others, join a club and buy your own equipment and go on an extreme sports adventure safely whenever you want. Let us know how we can help...
If you have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to get back to us – we’ll be only too pleased to help. After all, the team at ESC are passionate about our various sporting disciplines – we want you to be, as well!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US NOW TO START YOUR EXTREME SPORTS ADVENTURE…