According to the StormRider-Guide 98, this is the Hawaii of Europe with its mystical and volcanic landscape and countless surf spots, from world class reef breaks to deserted beach breaks for beginners. Extreme Sports Café has teamed up with a long running Windsurfing School in Lanzarote, which has been established in the area for over 10 years. Extreme Sports Café now offers Wind surfing camps for beginners, intermediate and advanced sailors at our partner Windsurfing School in Lanazarote, Canarias, Spain. Wind surfing classes are held in Costa Teguise, a well-known spot worldwide, for excellent Windsurfing conditions in Lanzarote.
To initiate yourself in the magnificent sport of wind surfing you don't need to be extremely fit. It's a very easy sport to learn. With the school's teaching programs you'll learn windsurfing and surfing in a fast and safe way...Wind surfing combines the adrenalin and techniques of surf, kitesurf and wake boarding, turning it into one of the most spectacular water sports known. Windsurfing, surfing and kite surfing look hard to learn, but in reality are very easy. Most techniques can be simulated on the beach and with a proper training program you'll get the basics in just a few days...
Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Windsurfing School on Lanzarote has Bic & Tabou boards, last generation NeilPride sails, wetsuits and all the materials necessary for Wind surfing lessons and hire. The Lanzarote Wind surfing school also has ultra-light gear to teach advanced windsurfing at las Cucharas beach. (All wind surfing equipment needed is included in the packages).
Wind surfing classes are taught at Costa Teguise, a well-known spot worldwide, on Lanzarote for its excellent windsurfing conditions. Wind surfing classes are taught in small and personalized groups of no more than 6 students. Certified instructors using the teaching program of the world famous Natalie Simon Windsurf Clubs can teach classes in English, French and Spanish. The windsurfing school in Lanzarote also has showers and lockers for students and a surf shop where you'll find the latest surf wear and surf gear.
If you wish to combine your surfing holidays with wind surfing in beautiful Lanzarote, we have several packages for you to choose from, with accommodation included in Caleta de Famara inside Famara's Natural Park, away from massive tourism and 100m from a 6km long sandy beach... you will enjoy surfing as well as windsurfing in the crystal warm waters of Lanzarote.
Windsurfing Holidays on Lanzarote, Spain from Extreme Sports Cafe
This Wind surfing Package is for Beginners, Intermediate or Advanced sailors. With the 5 days complete wind surf course, beginners will become self sufficient and ready to enjoy this wonderful sport on their own. Intermediates and Advanced sailors will improve on their level.. (Windsurfing camps are from October 1st to July 9th) Windsurfing Package includes:
- 7 Nights accommodation in Famara. (Surf house/Shared or Private*)
- 5 Days of Windsurf School, 15hrs all materials and transportation to the beach.
- Certified instructors.
- Insurance.(Civil Liability)
- Internet services.
- Information file on Lanzarote.
Windsurfing camps operate from October 1st to July 9th. This is the time of year when there is greater consistency of winds. The Aloisian winds predominate in Canary Islands (Norwest winds) and are favourable for the practice of windsurf in Lanzarote.
This combined sports packages includes Wind surfing and Surfing lessons in Lanzarote, 3 days of Surfing and 2 days of Windsurfing and is for beginners in both sports... This way you use all the training on the surfboard for your wind surfing as well...On days that wind conditions are not favourable for Windsurfing you can participate in the surf school without any additional cost. Windsurfing & Surfing Package includes:
- 7 Nights accommodation in Famara. (Surfhouse/Shared or Private*)
- 3 Days of Surf School, 15hrs with all Surf material, picnic and transportation to the beach included.
- 2 Days of Windsurf School, 6hrs, all materials and transportation to the beach included + 3hrs of Kayak.
- Certified instructors. (BSA)
- Insurance. (Civil Liability)
- Photos of your surf.
- Internet services.
- Information file on Lanzarote.
Extreme Sports Cafes' partner Lanzarote Windsurfing School operates all year round for combined wind surfing and surfing packages. Low Season 1 Sept – 30 June High Season 1 July - 31 August
- Classes are from 10:00 to 11:30 (morning) and from 13:00 to 14:30 (afternoon). You have an hour and half to relax, enjoy the sun, or if you prefer do a bit of kayaking. The surfing school has single and double kayaks that you can use for free (included in the packages).
Advanced windsurfers can contact us for just accommodation in Caleta de Famara (inside Famara's Natural Park) and free ride Costa Teguise. The Lanzarote Windsurfing school also rents the latest wind surfing equipment (at the beach)... so you can fully enjoy your wind surfing holidays in Lanzarote.
- Malibu foam boards for Beginners by Swell.
- 8ft Malibu hard boards for Intermediates by Bic.
- 7,3" Minimal hard boards for Advanced by Bic.
- Longboards, Evolutions and Short-boards NSP.
Accommodation - Windsurfing Lanzarote Spain
The Surfhouse - The Surf house is located in Famara’s natural park, 100 meters from the beach. Here people from all over the world share a 250m2 house with everything necessary for a comfortable, relaxing and fun wind surfing vacation.
- Rooms - private or shared.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- 2 Bathrooms.
- 2 TV. (29”)
- 2 DVD Players.
- Exercise bike.
- Tourism and Surf Information.
- Linen. (once a week)
- Surfboard repair, lots of sun, fun, surf and more...
After a full fun day of Windsurfing or Surfing you can relax with your mates and experience unforgettable moments. You will make a lot of new friends at the Surfhouse.
Private accommodation - If you prefer a little more privacy when getting home, the school can organize your Windsurfing Holiday accommodation in apartments, bungalows or the best hotels.. Wind surfing holidays in apartments or bungalows equipped with everything necessary for a self-catering windsurfing holiday with the services that all members of our big family deserve (linen change once a week). You can choose between 1,2 or 3 bedroom apartments, all with full equipped kitchen, home appliances, sun roof, etc many of which come with TV and DVD, just book in advance to get the best ones.
Caleta de Famara is a small fishing village privileged by nature and just a few meters from the sea. Located away from mass tourism, surrounded by the marvellous 700 mts high Risco de Famara. The wind surfing & surfing lesson are taught on the 6km long beach break of Playa de Famara. The conditions here could not be more ideal to enable beginners to enjoy this fantastic sport!
- Accommodation / Facilities - - The apartments and bungalows are located in Famara’s natural park just 100 meters from one of the most paradisiacal beaches in Lanzarote, there are no Hotels or resorts here. All the buildings are small (2 stories up max)… There are several restaurants, 1 Hamburger house, 1 croisanterie, supermarkets, surf shops… and lots of waves. There are no pharmacies, banks or cash machines... So we advise you to bring cash and if you are travelling with children carry a small medicine kit. The nearest pharmacy or clinic is a 10 minute drive away. The best way to get around the island is by car - Holiday Autos.
- Nightlife - The nightlife in Lanzarote offers you various possibilities. Sure you can have a meal and chill out with a beer after a gruelling windsurfing session in the villages, but why not head into town to party. Here's a quick rundown of what's on offer:
- Frama - Stay in the village and work your way through the tapas bars, restaurants and surf style beach parties.
- Don't miss every Friday live music at La Bartola and a night out at LAGOMAR... you will not forget it.
- For good snacks, tapas and fast food try HAMBURGUESARIA FAMARA with it's internationally renown FAMARA BURGER.
- Puerto del Carmen - A short drive across the island (30 min. approx.) takes you to Lanzarote's answer to Las Vegas which is one long strip of busy bars and clubs mainly frequented by tourists:-)
- Arrecife - If you fancy sampling the local culture then head to the capital of Lanzarote and party with the locals. Live Spanish music and relaxed atmosphere. If you time it right you may get to experience a Carnaval when the whole island stops to party!
Getting to Lanzarote Spain
Lanzarote, the most northern of the Canary Islands, 100 km off the Moroccan coast, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Flight time from London is 4-hours.
- By Air - Lanzarote Airport is located just 5 km from the island’s capital, Arrecife and 6km (4 miles) north of Puerto del Carmen. It offers scheduled and chartered flights from a large number of European destinations as well as shuttle flights to other islands in the Canaries. Major airlines like Aerlingus, Britannia Airways, Air Europa, Finnair, Iberia and Spanair all operate services to and from Lanzarote Airport. The airport has good facilities and ground transfer options. Essentials like ATMs and bureau de change services as well as a wide variety of shopping and dining options are available.
- By Ferry - An alternative means of travelling from island to island is by ferry. A ferry operates between Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, with a journey time of just 35 minutes. Holidaymakers staying on Fuerteventura can take a daytrip to Lanzarote or vice versa.
Transportation from Lanzarote Airport
- Buses - Buses provide connections between the airport and Arrecife Bus Station at intervals of 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday. The bus station is located next to Arrivals and passengers should look for service number 4 to take them to Arrecife, where they can change to another bus for other destinations. Public buses on the island are called guaguas - pronounced ‘wah-wah.'
- Taxis - Taxis can be found outside Arrivals and they operate on a metered fare system. Don’t rely on taxi drivers to be able to speak good English; keep a phrasebook and map handy in order to give directions to your onward destination if necessary.
- Car Hire - Alternatively, if you hire a car, you’ll find the route to Arrecife is well signposted. Drivers must be over 21 to hire a car and you will need a passport, driving licence and credit card. Holiday Autos