Have you ever thought about taking up skydiving? If skydiving is on your mind then a Tandem Skydive, is the best way to experience freefall and find out if Skydiving is for you...A Tandem Parachute Jump or Tandem Skydive makes a great gift, and is also the best way to be initiated into one of the most exciting extreme sports - Skydiving! Once the aircraft door’s open, prepare yourself for the ride of your life!! 45 seconds of freefall – you’ll average around 120mph!! At 5,000 feet, the parachute is deployed and you’ll have a 5-minute gentle canopy ride down for a tiptoe landing. Enjoy the view – it’s a view that only a select crowd get to experience.
Extreme Sports Cafe offers Tandem skydives all over the world at partner Skydiving Centers/DZ. We have Tandem Skydives in Madrid, Tandem Skydives in Seville and Tandem Skydives on the Costa Brava. And that is just skydiving operations in Spain! Extreme Sports Cafe also offers Tandem Skydives in the UK, as well as in Europe, Asia, New Zealand, Australia and Africa.
So, what’s included in the Tandem Jump? A Tandem briefing and a Tandem skydive with optional video or pictures or both…you choose!
What do I have to do on a Tandem Skydive? Enjoy the feeling of a Freefall Skydive. ;-)
Talk me through it....
- You’ll get a brief but comprehensive training session with your Tandem Master – the professional skydiver you’ll be attached to! All the equipment necessary to make your descent is provided and consists of a special harness, jumpsuit, helmet, goggles and gloves as required. Your personal clothing should be warm and non-restricting with soft, training type shoes.
- Once you are “suited up” the jumpsuit, harness and gear fitted - you’ll board the aircraft, where you’ll be securely attached to the front of your Tandem Master, who’ll be wearing the specially designed Tandem Parachute equipment. The aircraft will then take you up to your exit altitude (typically 12,000 feet), so enjoy the ride up.
- During a tandem skydive, the student is connected to the front of the instructor. The tandem instructor and student are each wearing a parachute harness. The student's harness is attached in four places to the front of the instructor's harness; something that easily takes place in the aircraft shortly before time to exit. The instructor, therefore, wears the student passenger on the front and the main and reserve canopies on his back.
- After leaving the aircraft, the instructor deploys a small round "drogue" parachute to keep the tandem falling at the average freefall rate of approximately 120 mph. (This allows the camera person to stay with the pair throughout the freefall portion.)
- Tandems fall in a belly to earth position to an altitude between five and six thousand feet above the ground where the drogue is released. The drogue, thus, becomes the "pilot chute" that deploys the main canopy.
- The 120 mph blast of wind is suddenly gone, and the instructor and student can verbally communicate. Steering the canopy, adjusting the harness for comfort, practicing landing techniques and learning about canopy control all take place during the four to five minute ride to a soft landing ON THE TARGET. The resulting adrenaline rush keeps a smile on the new skydiver's face for quite a while. One single jump will keep those eyes looking skyward for WEEKS afterward!
- Safely back on the ground after your Tandem Skydive and having had a chance to reflect on the skydive during a canopy ride back to the dropzone you will get to relive your Tandem Skydive experience with a video of the whole thing from top to bottom! (optional video or pictures or both at an extra cost)
Tandem Skydiving Experiences from Extreme Sports Cafe
Am I too old for this? Absolutely not. The oldest Tandem Passenger I’ve met, jumped when she was 84! She reckoned it took 30 years off her & wished she’d done it earlier! Note that persons over the age of 40 will require a medical form (which we will send to you) to be stamped and signed by their local GP.
Am I old enough? Jumpers between the age of 16 (minimum age) and 18 must have written parental consent.
Are there any other restrictions? No experience is required but there is a weight restriction. The maximum weight for Tandem skydives is generally 15 stone / 100 kgs / 220Ibs because of weight restrictions on the parachute equipment. (Weight limit varies depending on DZ) You will be weighed prior to the jump at the DZ and if you are over the limit you will not be allowed to jump.
Okay I want to try it, what next?
- Fill in an enquiry form. Choose which dropzone/country and dates you want to do your Tandem and let us have your Age, Weight and Height measurements too.
- Each booking requires a minimum non-refundable deposit of 10%.
- Along with the Voucher/receipt & confirmation, we’ll send you directions of how to get to the dropzone and all contact info.....We don’t want you missing the flight!
Please Note: The final balance of payment is generally required on the day, at the DZ and before you make your jump. (Some DZ do require a 2nd deposit to confirm your tandem)
We hope that this information has been of interest and look forward to receiving your enquiry. Come and have the experience of your life & who knows…you might even get the chance to kiss a cloud!
Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
Because the door opens ;-)
Tandem Skydiving Experiences from Extreme Sports Cafe