Beginner Muay Thai or Thai Boxing Training Program Phuket
The Muay Thai beginner training program at our partner Phuket Muay Thai & Mixed Martial Arts school is open to and was designed for training camp guests with little or no previous experience in Muay Thai or any other martial art, such as boxing. The beginner training program focuses on teaching the basic and fundamental techniques of Muay Thai and Boxing, allowing the student to thoroughly understand the movements before expanding on their newly acquired skills. Muay Thai Training Schedule 2 X daily 7.00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m. & 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Yoga 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - At our partner Phuket Muay Thai Camp training begins every morning at 7:00 a.m. with an hour of yoga on the mats with our training camp instructor. Yoga is a great way to increase flexibility, work on your balance, and prevent injuries while training. Guests are welcome to do yoga for 1/2 hour and switch into the running program or technique class when they begin at 7:30 a.m.
- Boot Camp Fitness Program 7:00 a.m. -8:00 a.m. - Training for fitness, cardio, stamina, and weight-loss, the “Boot Camp” Fitness program runs Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m and includes a variety of fitness workout exercises from including kettle bells, calistenics aerobics style, etc. Tough workout and a great way to start the day before Thaiboxing and MMA.
- Running Program + warm-up - Every morning at 7:30 a.m., The Muay Thai trainers and guests leave the camp for a variety of runs, including sprints and mountain running, from 2-6 km. Running is an excellent way to improve your endurance and cardio / stamina. The average Thaiboxing fighter training for an upcoming match will often run 10+ kilometers a day, usually in the morning before the heat sets in. Warm-up includes stretching, shadow boxing in front of mirrors, jumping rope, or tire bounce.
- Technique Class: 8:00 am. -9:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - The Muay Thai and Thaiboxing technique classes allow guests to learn in a relaxed environment and receive extra one-on-one time. The curriculum covers everything from basic Muay Thai to advanced training techniques including offense, defense, footwork, balance, generating power, and more. The technique classes allow guests to learn the core Muay Thai structure, practice new skills and expand on their training overall.
- Muay Thai Bag / Pads / Drills Training 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. & 4:30 pm. - 6:30 p.m. - The main 2-hour training period focuses on a weekly program schedule that provides 3-5 rounds on different bags, 3 one-on-one pad rounds with a trainer, and 3-5 rounds of Muay Thai drills and skill focus in groups with other guests and trainers.
- Sparring: Muay Thai & Boxing / Monday - Wednesday - Friday - Sparring is an essential part of Muay Thai and ThaiBoxing training. Every M-W-F, the Muay Thai trainers direct sparring sessions with guests. It is completely voluntary and allows guests to practice and utilize their skills against a real opponent. Sparring is done at 75% speed and power, and guests wear shin, mouth and head guards to prevent injury. Sparring is an important training tool that will help guests to understand Muay Thai as a fight sport and gain experience in the ring.
- Stretch / Relax / Cool Down / Rehydrate 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m & 6:30 pm. - 7:00 p.m. - Guests are encouraged and welcome to incorporate free weights and lifting into their training program. Our partner Phuket Muay Thai Camp has complete sets of dumbbells, kettlebells, 2 olympic benches, pull down multi-machines, a squat rack, exercise bikes and more available to our guests in each ring and the weight lifting area.
At Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Phuket & Bangkok Muay Thai Schools guests have the opportunity to learn Muay Thai with true Master Instruction, helping you learn how to punch, kick, practice balancing, learn proper rhythm, and increase your speed and power as you hone your Muay Thai skills, in Thailand.
Muay Thai / Thai Boxing Courses and experiences in Thailand from Extreme Sports Cafe