With its endless sandy beaches, dramatic mountainous interior, desert like dunes and acres of lush green vegetation, Gran Canaria is the most scenic of the Canary Islands. Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Surf Schools on “Gran Canaria” are located in the South & North of the island. Both surf camps on Gran canaria are strategically located for an unforgettable surfing holiday, alone or in the company of friends or family.... Lot's of sun and good surf on the beautiful beaches of " Maspalomas", "Playa del Ingles", "San Agustín", "El Pirata", "Playa Hombre", "La Cicer" and the beautiful coast of "Bañaderos"
Join Extreme Sports Cafe at our partner Gran canaria Surf Camp. You take care of the flight... we'll take care of the rest of your surfing holiday...
The Isle of “Gran Canaria” is divided in two main climatic zones. The North centre which is very humid, where you can find precious green valleys with their enormous craters and boilers, and the dry part further south with its desert landscapes. In the South you can find incredible golden fine sandy beaches for a swim or some sun. The average temperature is between 17 degrees in the winter to 24º in the summer. Water temperature varies between 19º and 23º… So, water sports are an all year around event…with a very pleasant surrounding.
Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Surf schools on “Gran Canaria” are located in the South & North of the island. (Gran Canaria) Our partner Gran Canaria surf camps are distinct:
- The Maspalomas surf camp is located on the southern part of the island, the most touristic area. It was designed so you can have a comfortable touristic holiday with a surfing course included. We recommend this camp to couples and families who are looking for a comfortable surfing holiday, lodged in very good apartment complexes, with all the commodities and services available... all this with a complete surf course, lots of sun and lots more fun…
- Both surf camps on Gran canaria are strategically located for an unforgettable surfing holiday, alone or in the company of friends or family.... Lot's of sun and good surf on the beautiful beaches of " Maspalomas", "Playa del Ingles", "San Agustín", "El Pirata", "Playa Hombre", "La Cicer" and the beautiful coast of "Bañaderos"
In 1998 Stormrider guide considered our partner surf camp the biggest infrastructure of its kind in Spain. With the opening of new surf schools in other destinations like Lanzarote, Brazil, Gran Canaria North & Gran Canaria South they have become an International Surf School competing eye to eye with all the surf camps of Europe and the rest of the world !!!
Surfing Camps and Courses on South Gran Canaria from Extreme Sports Cafe
The Maspalomas surf school in Gran Canaria has its base in the southern part of the island, between “Play de Ingles” and “El faro de Maspalomas”. For Surfing courses, pick up of clients from any hotel, apartment or bungalow located in the “San Agustin”, “Playa del Ingles”, “Maspalomas” or “Meloneras” areas is between 9:00 and 9:30 AM. (Min 2 person required for pack up)
Surf School Timetable
- 10.00 - 10:30 Theory, safety and practice on sand.
- 10.30 - 11.00 Warm-up and stretching, simple exercises, theory on the beach.
- 11.00 - 13.00 In the water!! Surfing under the personal supervision of instructors with error correction.
- 13.00 - 13.30 Lunch time!! Snack on the beach, relaxing on the sand and enjoying the hot sun of “Gran Canaria”.
- 13.30 - 15.00 Free surfing under the supervision of instructors.
5-Day 25hrs Beginner Surfing Course
Upon completion of your 5 day course you have learned about the formation of the various sea currents, waves, winds, storms and all the safety necessary to develop for this sport … you will learn how to paddle correctly, surf waves, turn right or left, paddle “outside”, different types of surfboards and which size is appropriate for you so your surfing keeps on improving easily.
1-Day 5hrs Beginner Surfing Course
If you don't have 5 days to spare 1, 2, 3 or 4 surf day courses are also available - Surfing courses are 5 hours of surfing tuition per day for beginners.
5-Day 25hrs Intermediate Surfing Course
If you've done a surfing level 1 course, or you're a free surfer but unfortunately you don't do it that regularly... With this surfing course you will perfect your style and correct the “bad habits” acquired over time. You will learn how to “duck dive” correctly so you can easily get to the outside, to manoeuvres correctly, “bottom turns”, “cut-back” and much more… The surf course takes place at the same beaches/schedule as the beginner’s course. Free surf in absolute safety and supervision...
1-Day 5hrs Intermediate Surfing Course
If you don't have 5 days to spare 1, 2, 3 or 4 day surf courses are also available - Surfing courses are 5 hours of surfing tuition per day for intermediates.
Surfing Courses include:
- Pick up/drop off from any hotel, apartment or bungalow located in the “San Agustin”, “Playa del Ingles”, “Maspalomas” or “Meloneras” areas. (min 2 persons)
- Transportation to the beach.
- 5 Hours of surf lessons.
- All surf equipment needed.
- Lunch on the beach.
The surfing school in Maspalomas is a mobile surf school, generally classes are at the southern part of the Isle, “Playa del Ingles”, “San Agustín” or at “El Faro de Maspalomas”, although they also do surfaris around the island: At “La play del hombre”, the famous beach of "Cicer" or on the beautiful shore of "Bañaderos". All to find the best waves of the day and spend a great day surfing in “Gran Canaria”
All Instructors are professional lifeguards, you'll feel totally safe with them … They will help you through your first steps in this fascinating sport or, to perfect your surf depending on your level. English, German, Italian and Spanish are spoken
South Gran Canaria - The Maspalomas surf camp is located in the southern part of the island, the most touristic area. Here we have selected the best apartment complexes (price/quality) for your accommodation at "Maspalomas”, “Playa del Ingles” and “San Agustín”.
1-Week Surfing Camp Packages, Beginners or Intermediates
Beginner & Intermediate Surfing Camps include: 5 days of surf school with transportation to he beach (“Maspalomas”, “Playa ingles”, ”San Agustín” , ”el Pirata”, ”Playa el Hombre”, ”La Cicer” and “Bañaderos”) Surfing camps also include:
- Transfers Airport /Maspalomas /Airport.
- 7 nights accommodation in a tourism complex.
- Surf material during lesson hours (Board, wetsuit, lycra vest and leach)
- Lunch on the beach
- 1 Dinner at a local restaurant
Non Surfing Companion
You can also come with a companion who doesn't want to surf or participate in any sport activities. Your companion joins you during surf school days and simply enjoys the beach every day in full comfort.
Non Surfing Companion package includes:
- 7 nights accommodation surfhouse
- Lunch on the beach (surf school days)
- Transportation to the beach (on course days)
Notes Surfing Packages South Gran Canaria
- House cleaning, towels and linen are included.
- English, German, Italian and Spanish are spoken.
- You can start the surf camp any day of the week.
Gran Canaria - If sun, beach, hot weather, fun and leisure (water parks, marine excursions, water activities, bars and discos…) are what you want, then you should hit the south of the island. Away from the big tourist areas, you can still find quiet villages and beaches. We recommend it especially if you’re looking for a relaxed and warm winter holiday. The Beaches - Gran Canaria possesses a wide variety of beaches of fine golden sand to the south and dark sand to the north of the island. There are also beaches of small rounded lava stones… Excellent for surf schools!!
Gran Canaria - If sun, beach, hot weather, fun and leisure (water parks, marine excursions, water activities, bars and discos…) are what you want, then you should hit the south of the island. Away from the big tourist areas, you can still find quiet villages and beaches. We recommend it especially if you’re looking for a relaxed and warm winter holiday.
The Beaches - Gran Canaria possesses a wide variety of beaches of fine golden sand to the south and dark sand to the north of the island. There are also beaches of small rounded lava stones… Excellent for surf schools!!
Accommodation - Surfing Packages South Gran Canaria
The included accommodation for Surfing packages is a complex of bungalows surrounded by small buildings. The complex is located in a quiet area, ideal for a relaxing surfing holidays. Located in the quiet area of “Campo Internacional de Maspalomas”, the complex is located 2.2 km from the centre of “Playa del Ingles”. “Faro II” shopping mall and the water park are just 300m away. Easy beach access from the complex by free buses (for our clients). The famous “Maspalomas” dunes are just 1.5 km away.
- Services -Swimming pool with separated children area. Bungalows with private terrace and small garden. The complex has a reception area, bar, terrace, restaurant, supermarket and badminton court.
Bungalows - Apartments with capacity for 3 persons (or 2 adults and 2 children under 12), have a terrace and view to the pool and gardens with:
- Independent bedroom with 2 beds
- Living room/kitchen with a sofa/bed
- Kitchen equipped with 2 electrical plates, Fridge, etc
- Full bathroom
- Hot and cold water
- Satellite TV
- Direct phone line
- Safe for hire
Accommodation Only in Maspalomas - Surfing Courses not included
This beautiful complex is located in Maspalomas near the International Golf Course.1 Bedroom Bungalows.(3 persons Max) Available all year round. The bungalows have:
- Reception (24hr )
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Full bath room
- Satellite TV (for hire)
- Private terrace and garden
- Commune areas with gardens
- Swimming pool and children playground
- Bar services
- Supermarket inside the complex
- Transfers (buses) to the beach included for our clients
Accommodation Only on the sea front Play del Ingles - Surfing Courses not included
The apartments are located in Playa del Inglés (Coast of Maspalomas) an excellent touristic zone on the island of Gran Canaria. You will find all you need to enjoy unforgettable holidays. Available all year round.
A quiet place on the sea-front with a wonderful view to the Dunas de Maspalomas (Maspaloma's dunes). Swimming pool, gardens and rooms equipped with accessories of highest quality and comfort. Apartments equipped with top quality and comfort:
- Climatised swimming pool
- Satellite TV (Sony 21")
- Fully equipped kitchen
- House Cleaning
- Swimming pools and gardens
- *Available all year (Max 3 persons)
Getting There - Gran Canaria
Book your ticket and come and join us for your surfing holiday on Gran Canaria!!! Check these sites for flights to Gran Canaria.
- From the U.K. www.traveljungle.co.uk, www.charterflights.co.uk, www.ryanair.com, www.easyjet.com.
- From Germany www.condor.com, www.airberlin.com, www.hapagfly.com.
...May your surf trip or surfing experience on South Gran Canaria be unforgettable!!!
Surfing Camps and Courses on South Gran Canaria from Extreme Sports Cafe