Extreme Sports Cafe's new partner Mauritius skydiving Drop Zone is open all year round. At Skydive Mauritius we offer Tandem Skydiving and also fun jumping for experienced skydivers. Below you will find frequently asked questions about skydiving and skydiving Mauritius. Join Extreme Sports cafe on Mauritius for a Tandem skydive, it will be an unforgettable skydiving experience.
Fun jumping is also available for experienced skydivers. SkyDive Mauritius is a small tandem skydiving operation, so fun jumps are on a sub-load basis. You should have an A licence and a minimum of 50 freefall jumps. You will need to bring your current log-book, licence and skydiving equipment. International skydivers must have a valid sky diving license. Your skydiving equipment must have a reserve that has been re-packed within the last 180 days.
For more information on Tandem Sky diving on Mauritius from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Skydiving Mauritius page.
Tandem Skydiving Experience on Mauritius from Extreme Sports Cafe
Skydiving Mauritius faq - Frequently Asked Question
What’s the maximum age limit for skydiving?
What’s the minimum age limit for sky diving?
- There is no minimum age limit as such. It's more dependent on the confidence, height, weight and how well the harness fits.
- Anyone who is under 18 years of age will need the written consent of a parent or guardian.
- Children under the age of 12 need to come out to the dropzone, meet the staff and be fitted in a harness before we can confirm if they can jump.
How long will my tandem skydive take?
- Your whole tandem skydive experience will take around 2 hours. Allow for 2 hours in total and you’ll have time to watch your skydiving DVD once you've landed.
What do I need to bring?
- You don’t need much more than a smile and sense of adventure. Skydive Mauritius will provide all the skydiving equipment you'll need for your tandem skydive.
- In winter you’ll need to wear warm clothes, layers rather than something bulky.
What do I wear for tandem skydiving?
- SkyDive Mauritius will provide you with a skydiving jumpsuit and goggles. You will need to wear sensible, secure footwear and warm clothing for the Mauritius winter.
- Please wear shoes that won’t fall off. Sandals, flip flops etc or bare feet are a no no. You need something that will stay on your feet during your 200kph Freefall.
Can I skydive with glasses or contacts lenses?
- Yes, you can wear your glasses or contacts, after all you’ll want to be able to take in the views. You will be given goggles that will fit over your glasses or contacts. (Please let your instructor know if you are wearing contact lenses.)
Can I jump barefoot?
- No. For health and safety reasons everyone must be wearing closed in footwear.
Can I eat before I jump?
- Just eat normally. Skydiving should not make you feel sick.
Can I write stuff on my hands?
- Yes you can and please do, but depending on the temperature you will most likely be sweating and the writing may come off. You may be able to film your hands before getting in the plane though.
Can friends and family come and watch me Skydiving?
- Yes. There are excellent facilities at SkyDive Mauritus Dropzone for friends or family to watch and take pictures.
Can I take my own camera on the plane with me and during my skydive?
- No. For safety reasons you are not able to take anything in the plane with you. Cameras can come out during freefall and could hit the instructor on the head. You could end up with a very annoyed or unconscious instructor and neither is desirable.
Can I go on the plane if I am not jumping?
- No. Again for safety reasons, everyone on the plane must have a parachute. And once the door is open everyone on the plane has to jump out.
Skydive Mauritius Tandem Skydiving Experience faq
How many Tandems can fit in the plane? Can we all jump at the same time?
- We can fit 2 tandems in the plane. Where possible the DZ do try and group you with your friends or family to jump. Options can be discussed further with the DZ staff once you are there.
How much will I see?
- A lot. You have chosen the most visually spectacular skydive in Mauritius. From jump altitude you will have 360 degree views of Mauritius’s mountains and the Indian ocean. You get to see the whole island surrounded by the Indian ocean.
Is it cold?
- The plane flight to altitude is not cold. We often recommended wearing shorts and a T’shirt, you will also be wearing a jump suit. Winters can be a bit chilly so a sweater or hoodie will normally keep you warm enough.
What does freefall feel like?
- You might think there will be a sensation of falling. Freefalling is more like floating on a bed of air, you have no sensation of actually falling. Freefall is a very unique feeling, it is indescribable… you really do have to do a tandem skydive to experience it!
How long is the freefall?
- From 15,000ft – 60 seconds. From 12,000ft – 45 seconds. From 10,000ft – 40 seconds.
Is the tandem skydive landing hard?
- SkyDive Mauritius use state of the art tandem parachutes that are designed for tandem skydiving. These tandem skydiving parachutes are highly manoeuvrable and allow for slow and soft parachute landings.
What happens if I get up there and I decide not to go?
- It is extremely rare that this happens, maybe only 4 times in 15 years. But if you do decide not to jump there will be no refund, sorry. You and your tandem master will both come back down in the plane. We ensure that before you go skydiving, you are prepared and happy with what will be the best experience of your life.
Safety? Has anyone been hurt? How many people have died?
- SkyDive Mauritius has THE BEST safety record in Mauritius. Skydive Mauritius have never had a serious incident or injury. They have an exemplary safety record and are committed to keeping it that way. SkyDive Mauritius currently has the BEST safety record in Mauritius.
- They are an experienced team of dedicated professionals, their attitude towards personal service and safety means you are skydiving with the best. They use the latest state of the art parachute equipment which is well maintained and all instructors are hand-picked for their experience and attitude.
Skydive Mauritius faq Timing & Transport
Do you do pick up's?
- Sorry no the DZ cannot do pick ups. There are lots of bus companies that offer transport between Riviere du Rempart and Grand Baie. Taxis are the best way to get to us.
What time are the skydive flights?
- There are no set times for flights as skydiving is dependent on the weather, air traffic, bookings, etc. We give you a booking time that suits you. Allow at least a 2 hours for the whole tandem skydive experience.
What time do I have to be at the dropzone?
- We ask you to call the DZ 1 hour before your tandem booking time to check the weather conditions and that they are running to schedule. If everything is good then please arrive at your specified booking time.
Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
Because the door opens ;-)
Tandem Skydiving Experience on Mauritius from Extreme Sports Cafe
Our Mauritius Tandem Skydive Experiences can be booked online