Two thirds of the surface of our planet is covered by water. The best way of experiencing this incredible environment at first hand is to equip ourselves with SCUBA gear. Scuba diving also attracts a wide range of warm friendly people, of all ages and from all walks of life. This enables Scuba divers to meet and share their own wonderful experiences and adventures of, quite literally, new worlds. Our partner Phuket CDC pride themselves on catering for the individual beginner diver to the most advanced technical diving addict.Phuket, Thailand is a wonderful, fun place for your holiday and we hope that we can be a part of it.
Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Phuket CDC, Thailand is an award winning PADI 5 Star CDC Center offering all levels of PADI Scuba Diving Courses from your very first underwater experience, Discover Scuba Diving or PADI Bubblemaker for the Kiddies to unique dive career programs and Internships leading to PADI Instructor level (IDC) and beyond.
Our partner Phuket CDC is proud of the extensive contributions to the preservation and enhancement of the marine environment. They work closely with various government departments and NGO's in planning, developing and instituting programs to raise environmental awareness with locals and visiting divers as well as other dive operators.
Learn To Scuba Dive Courses on Phuket in Thailand
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving lets those who have never experienced the thrill of SCUBA safely. You will escape to an unequaled part of our world with brilliant colours, pure beauty and enchanting aquatic fauna. You can see coral reefs bristling with marine life and swim together with schools of colourful fish. When you decide to try Scuba diving, your options have no limits.
- Course Duration: 1 Day / 2 Dives.
- Course Cost: 4,500 Baht.
The PADI Scuba Diver Course is a course, which opens diving to those individuals where time is a limiting factor, and those interested in diving in groups guided by a certified divemaster, assistant instructor or instructor to a maximum depth of 12 meters/40 feet only.
- Course Duration: 2 Days / 2 Dives
- Course Cost: 10,500 Baht
The PADI Open Water Diver Course is the most popular scuba diving program in the world. The certification will open more than 70% of the planet to you, the underwater world. You will get a life time certification recognised in more than 175 countries. Where better to take your course than in the beautiful tropical waters of Phuket in Thailand.
- Course Duration: 4 Days / 4 Dives
- Course Cost: 14,500 Baht
Certified Scuba Diving Courses on Phuket in Thailand
PADI National Geographic Diver Course
As a PADI National Geographic Diver, you join an elite group of explorers, adventurers and conservationists. The insight and training you gain during this program will broaden your awareness and take your diving skills to a new level. You'll learn to observe and explore like an underwater scientist.
The PADI National Geographic Portal will help you take your dive experiences to a new level. How? You'll learn more about the world's oceans and waterways and discover details that will enhance your personal dive adventures.
For the PADI National Geographic Diver program you'll receive the PADI National Geographic Diver Almanac and PADI National Geographic Diver DVD.
- Course Duration: 1 Day/2 Dives.
- Course Cost: 10,000 Baht.
PADI Adventure Diving Course
Have you always wanted to try underwater photography? How about wreck diving? Here's your chance because you can sample three dives of your choice, get a taste of what you like, and feel more comfortable in the water, strengthening your underwater skills and letting you enjoy diving more than ever.
If you complete any three adventure dives, you can earn your PADI Adventure Diver certification. If you complete your Deep Adventure Dive, Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive and three Adventure Dives , you can earn your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
For the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver program you'll receive the PADI Adventures in Diving Manual.
- Course Duration: 1 Day/3Dives.
- Course Cost: 10,500 Baht.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
Open yourself up to new opportunities in dive sites by taking the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course. If you complete your PADI Deep Adventure Dive, PADI Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive and three Adventure Dives, you can earn your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver scuba diving certification.
After your five dives, you'll be more experienced, feel more comfortable in the water and simply enjoy diving more because you better understand the underwater environment.
For the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver program, you'll receive the PADI Adventures in Diving Manual.
- Course Duration: 2 Days / 5 Dives.
- Course Cost: 13,500 Baht.
Emergency First Response Course
Emergency First Response (EFR) is the fastest-growing international CPR, Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) and First Aid training organisation. Dedicated to training the lay rescuer, EFR courses encompasses adult, child and infant CPR skills, provides AED and First Aid training and feature an outstanding First Aid at Work component. The company's award-winning programs and state-of-the-art training materials make it a favourite among divers around the world.
The course incorporates independent study to prepare you for a classroom and hands-on skill development session with your instructor You will learn the same patient care techniques used by medical professionals, but at a lay person level.
For the EFR Primary and Secondary Care course you'll receive the EFR Participant Manual.
- Course Duration: 1 Day.
- Course Cost: 6,000 Baht.
PADI Rescue Diver Course
Rescue Diver Course Phuket Thailand - rewarding and fun – that best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level: PADI Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence.
We don’t like to think about it, but accidents happen. There are several good reasons to become a PADI Rescue Diver. Rescue training expands your knowledge of diving, increases your level of diving skills, and makes you more aware of what is happening around you in the diving environment. The program is an important step in expanding your knowledge and experience as a diver. PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent) certification is also a prerequisite for all PADI leadership programs.
- For the PADI Rescue Diver course you'll receive the PADI Rescue Diver Manual and Diving Accident Management Work Slate.
- Course Duration: 3 Days.
- Course Cost: 14,500 Baht.
PADI Specialities Courses
How far will you take your diving ? It's up to you. With PADI Speciality Diver Programs you can chart your course for a colourful collection of great dives. Sure, your PADI scuba diving certification opens up the oceans to you, but the PADI Speciality Dives take the underwater adventure further still. Achieving PADI Speciality ratings can take anywhere from as little as half day to 2 days - you'll be diving right from the start. Below is a menu of the many speciality scuba diving certifications that we offer.
AWARE - Fish Identification speciality, AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation speciality, Boat Diver speciality, Coastal Diver speciality, Deep Diver speciality, Digital Underwater Photography speciality, Dive Centre Employee speciality, Drift Diver speciality, Enriched Air Diver speciality, Equipment Specialist speciality, Master Scuba Diver speciality National Geographic speciality Multilevel Diver speciality Night Diver speciality, Oxygen First Aid speciality, Peak Performance Buoyancy speciality, Search and Recovery Diver speciality, Semiclosed Rebreather speciality, Shark Diver speciality, SMB Diver speciality, Tec Basics speciality, Underwater Naturalist speciality Course, Underwater Navigator speciality, Underwater Photographer speciality, Underwater Videographer speciality, Whale Shark Awareness speciality or Wreck Diver speciality.
- Get five speciality ratings and you're on your way to becoming a PADI Master Scuba Diver, the highest "non professional" scuba diver rating!
- All our scuba diving certification courses include manuals and free scuba diving equipment rental.
- We teach all of our diver level courses in small groups to ensure that you receive the attention that you deserve.
- All our courses in Phuket are taught to PADI Standards.
This certification denotes that you've reached the highest recreational scuba diving level in the PADI System of diver education and can be achieved in Phuket, Thailand. PADI Master Scuba Diver indicates you have a significant amount of training and experience in a variety of dive environments.
What do you need to be certified? In order to earn this PADI certification you'll need to have completed the following:
- Minimum age: 15 years old. (12 for Junior Master Scuba Diver)
- PADI Open Water Diver certification.*
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification.*
- PADI Rescue Diver certification.*
- 50 logged dives.
- Five PADI Speciality course certifications.
* Or qualifying scuba diving certification from another organisation.
The PADI Master Scuba Diver certification is the highest recreational level in the PADI system of diver education. But, you don't have to stop there! You can continue to become a PADI Professional. As a Master Scuba Diver you'll be well qualified to begin your training as a PADI Divemaster. Or why not join us for some day trip diving or even a liveaboard trip?
- PADI Master Scuba Diver is tailored to each individual diver depending on your current level of training. Contact us with your current certifications and we'll be able to price the course up for you.
Access to Phuket Thailand is easy with multiple flights daily from Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. We recommend that you arrive a few days before you join us and stay at one of Phuket's many excellent hotels. This will give you time to become acclimatized, do some shopping, or check out your dive equipment before joining us for some Day Trips, Liveaboards or a Diving Course. Formerly known as Tha-Laang or Talang is one of the southern provinces (changwat) of Thailand. Neighbouring provinces are (from north clockwise) Phang Nga and Krabi, but as Phuket is an island there are no land boundaries.
- The island is served by Phuket International Airport, located in the north of the island. The ph of "Phuket" is an aspirated hard "p", not a soft "f", so the name is pronounced (roughly) "Poo-get". The name Phuket is apparently derived from the word Bukit in Malay, which means mountain or hill, as this is what the island appears like from a distance.
With ESC and our partners, you will learn to scuba dive while enjoying every moment. The secret of our success is that we keep our group sizes small, we care for everyone equally and you'll always know you're in the capable hands of friendly diving professionals.
- For Technical scuba diving courses at our partner Phuket DCD click here Scuba Diving Phuket Technical.
- For our dedicated PADI professional Scuba Dive Instructor and Dive master internship programs click here Scuba Diving Pattaya Pro.
- The full range of scuba experiences & PADI scuba diving courses on offer are detailed the above and on the scuba diving experiences page of the ESC Web site.
- We can adapt to your needs. For example, a PADI Open Water Diver course takes five full days to complete; these days can be five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) or two whole weekends.
- Our rate for beginners’ courses is all-inclusive. This means your scuba course fee covers registration, all training materials, scuba equipment rental, air fees and certification card.
- At Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Scuba Diving Schools you will always find a start date to suit you, we run scuba courses all year round and start new courses every week.
Once started you'll find yourself becoming part of a global PADI diving crew, you'll have the opportunity to gain knowledge, learn new skills and above all, make new friends and enjoy a fun, active lifestyle with other divers from all over the world.