Scuba Diving... There are times in life when it is necessary to shake off the physical restraints of every day life and slide into the blue Mother ocean that brought forth all life, slipping into the womb of creation, an area less understood than space. As technology takes us ever deeper and further now there is no longer even the need to leave a trail of bubbles, the enclosure is total. Effortless, relaxing, tranquil, action-packed, adrenaline-filled, adventurous, life changing or even extreme – scuba diving can be all this and much more. We, at ESC can introduce you to and immerse you in this exciting sport…
Extreme Sports Cafe now offers Scuba Diving in Asia, Europe and Africa... In Pattaya, Phuket, Boracay, Gran Canaria, Egypt, Mozambique and Shark Diving in South Africa. Scuba Diving courses range from 1-day Scuba Diving experiences, Recreational Scuba Diving, Professional Scuba Diving, Technical Scuba Diving & Commercial Diving.
There are a few options for you to choose from when taking up recreational scuba diving. You can begin by taking a ‘Discover Scuba’ session, which is a basic pool dive, or go one step further and take a ‘Discover Scuba Diving’ session, which includes a shallow sea dive. These are not full certification courses; they are only designed to give you an introduction to this exciting sport.
- Scuba diving ("scuba" originally being an acronym for Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus, although now widely considered a word in its own right) is a form of underwater diving in which a diver uses a scuba set to breathe underwater for recreation, commercial or industrial reasons.
- Scuba diving may be performed for a number of reasons, both personal and professional. Most people begin through recreational diving, which is performed purely for enjoyment and has a number of distinct technical disciplines to increase interest underwater, such as cave diving, wreck diving, ice diving and deep diving.
- There are also professional divers involved with the water itself, like underwater photography or underwater filming divers, who set out to document the underwater world, or scientific diving, including marine biology and underwater archaeology.
Divers may also be employed professionally to perform tasks underwater. Most of these commercial divers are employed to perform tasks related to the running of a business involving deep water, including civil engineering tasks such as in oil exploration, underwater welding or offshore construction.
- Commercial divers may also be employed to perform tasks specifically related to marine activities, such as naval diving, including the repair and inspection of boats and ships, salvage of wrecks or underwater fishing, like spear fishing.
Going on holiday and want to get in some diving whilst there? Thinking of getting certified, but don’t have the time for a regular course? Consider taking a PADI Scuba Diver course, which is perfect if you only plan to dive a couple times a year. Check out our new courses and holidays based in Asia... Warm clear waters, affordable prices and fantastic food, people and places... Coupled with special deals on Professional training..
Scuba Diving Courses and Experiences from Extreme Sports Cafe
Scuba diving is a form of underwater diving in which a diver uses a scuba set to breathe underwater for recreation, professional or commercial reasons. If you wish to progress further in this sport, our professional staff (who are passionate about diving) can work with you to find the best way for you attain the necessary qualifications. We will prepare you, instruct you & get you certified for whatever type of diving you want to participate in - from recreational diving in crystal clear waters, surrounded by brightly coloured coral and fish to exploring a new shipwreck off the coast of a small island out in the middle of the ocean - where conditions are rather more challenging. We can make it happen for you…
Recreational Diving or sport diving is a type of diving that uses SCUBA equipment for the purpose of leisure and enjoyment. Further developments in technology have reduced the cost of training and diving. Scuba-diving has become a popular leisure activity, and many diving locations have some form of dive shop presence that offers air fills, equipment hire and training. In tropical and sub-tropical parts of the world, there is a large market in 'holiday divers' people who train and dive while on holiday, but rarely dive close to home.
Technical Diving is a more demanding aspect of the sport which requires greater levels of training, experience and equipment. Technical diving with use of rebreathers is increasing, particularly in areas of the world where deeper wreck diving is the main underwater attraction. Generally, recreational diving depths are limited to a maximum of between 30 and 40 meters (100 and 130 feet), beyond which a variety of safety issues make it unsafe to dive using recreation diving equipment and practices, and specialised training and equipment for technical diving are needed.
Professional Diving is a type of diving where the divers are paid for their work. There are several branches of professional diving, the two most well known are probably teaching others scuba diving and commercial diving.
Scuba Diving Instructor - Scuba instructors teach divers the mechanics, safety and other aspects of scuba diving. If scuba diving and teaching interests you and you meet all the criteria and pass all the necessary training, you can become a scuba diving instructor and start a rewarding career doing what you love, practically anywhere in the world.
- Commercial Diving - Any person wishing to become a professional diver normally requires specific training that satisfies any regulatory agencies which have local authority. The work in this area of the industry typically revolves around the maintenance of oil platforms and the building of underwater structures used in the production process. Due to the dangerous nature of some professional diving operations, specialised equipment such as an on-site hyperbaric chamber and diver-to-surface communication system is often required by law.
Caught the bug? Want to dive wherever & whenever you want to? A PADI Open Water Diver certificate is recognised world wide enabling you to explore the beauty of the underwater world, down to 12 metres, wherever you are without instructor supervision. What’s more - your certification never expires! This course will provide you with a lot of fun as well as the knowledge and skills necessary for safe, enjoyable diving. Your scuba instructors will enable you to progress with ease and comfort through pool and classroom sessions and four open water dives.
With ESC and our partners, you will learn to scuba dive while enjoying every moment. The secret of our success is that we keep our group sizes small, we care for everyone equally and you'll always know you're in the capable hands of friendly diving professionals.
- The full range of scuba experiences & PADI scuba diving courses on offer are detailed on the scuba diving courses page and on the scuba diving experiences page of the ESC Web site.
- We can adapt to your needs. For example, a PADI Open Water Diver course takes five full days to complete; these days can be five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) or two whole weekends.
- Our rate for beginners’ courses is all-inclusive. This means your scuba course fee covers registration, all training materials, scuba equipment rental, air fees and certification card.
- At Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Scuba Diving Schools you will always find a start date to suit you, we run scuba courses all year round and start new courses every week.
Scuba Diving Certification - Below are the most popular international certification agencies that are currently recognised by most diving outlets for diver certification.
- PADI Professional Association of Diving Instructors - based in the United States.
- PADI is the largest recreational dive training and certification organisation in the world.
- International Training SDI, TDI & ERDi - based in the United States.
- TDI is the world's largest technical diving agency.
- SDI is the recreational division focusing on new methods and online courses.
- ERDi is the public safety component.
- SSI Scuba Schools International - based in the United States with 35 Regional Centres and Area Offices around the globe.
- BSAC British Sub Aqua Club - based in the United Kingdom, founded in 1953 and is the largest dive club in the world.
- CMAS Confédération Mondiale des Activités Subaquatiques, the World Underwater Federation.
- NAUI National Association of Underwater Instructors - based in the United States.
Once started you'll find yourself becoming part of a global PADI diving crew, you'll have the opportunity to gain knowledge, learn new skills and above all, make new friends and enjoy a fun, active lifestyle with other divers from all over the world.
Scuba Diving Courses and Experiences from Extreme Sports Cafe