There are a few options for you to choose from when taking up recreational scuba diving. You can begin by taking a ‘Discover Scuba’ session, which is a basic pool dive, or go one step further and take a ‘Discover Scuba Diving’ session, which includes a shallow sea dive. These are not full certification courses; they are only designed to give you an introduction to this exciting sport. If you want to try scuba diving first.. Check out these options and then contact Extreme Sports Cafe for more info..
Scuba Diving is also a fantastic way for kids to keep active, build their confidence, learn about the underwater world, and meet friends with similar interests. Kids can start to scuba dive from as young as 8-years-old with the Bubblemaker experience and the PADI Seal Team program, which involves fun and games in a safe swimming pool environment with a PADI Instructor.
- From 10-years-old, kids can join in activities in the sea through the Discover Scuba Diving experience or by getting their PADI Junior Scuba Diver or Junior Open Water Diver licence.
Scuba diving provides a diver with so many experiences, that the experience is the only way to understand what it's all about.
The adventure begins here! A gentle introduction to Scuba Diving conducted within the familiar environment of a swimming pool. All you need to bring along is your swimsuit and a towel. Complete a poolside orientation and pool session and you’re on your way!
Discover Scuba Diving (pool & sea)
Discover Scuba Diving enables the non-diver to experience the thrill of being underwater. Following a brief lecture you begin learning the basics of Scuba Diving in swimming pool. Upon completion of the pool session you will be escorted by your diving instructor on a shallow sea dive, and all in just half a day!
The Bubblemaker experience allows children, eight years of age or older, to try scuba diving in the shallow end of the pool under the supervision of a PADI Diving instructor. It’s safe and fun!
Caught the bug? Want to dive wherever & whenever you want to? A PADI Open Water Diver certificate is recognised world wide enabling you to explore the beauty of the underwater world, down to 12 metres, wherever you are without instructor supervision. What’s more - your certification never expires! This scuba course will provide you with a lot of fun as well as the knowledge and skills necessary for safe, enjoyable diving. Your scuba instructors will enable you to progress with ease and comfort through pool and classroom sessions and four open water dives.
With ESC and our partners, you will learn to scuba dive while enjoying every moment. The secret of our success is that we keep our group sizes small, we care for everyone equally and you'll always know you're in the capable hands of friendly diving professionals.
- The full range of scuba experiences & PADI scuba diving courses on offer are detailed on the scuba diving courses page and on the scuba diving experiences page of the ESC Web site.
- We can adapt to your needs. For example, a PADI Open Water Diver course takes five full days to complete; these days can be five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) or two whole weekends.
- Our rate for beginners’ courses is all-inclusive. This means your scuba course fee covers registration, all training materials, scuba equipment rental, air fees and certification card.
- At Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Scuba Diving Schools you will always find a start date to suit you, we run scuba courses all year round and start new courses every week.
Once started you'll find yourself becoming part of a global PADI diving crew, you'll have the opportunity to gain knowledge, learn new skills and above all, make new friends and enjoy a fun, active lifestyle with other divers from all over the world.