For so many people the water's edge is the limit, for scuba divers and snorkelers it's just the beginning, the world that lies beneath is truly amazing! Learn to scuba dive, join Extreme Sports Cafe and her partner Gran Canaria Dive Centre for an unforgettable diving holiday on Gran Canaria. Everyone is welcome at the Dive Centre, the aim is for all guests to enjoy their stay, be safe and most of all have lots of fun under water.
For more information on Scuba Diving on Gran Canaria from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Scuba Diving Gran Canaria page.
For more information on Scuba Diving sites on Gran Canaria from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Scuba Diving Holidays Gran Canaria page.
Dive Trips and Scuba Diving Courses on Gran Canaria from Extreme Sports Cafe
PADI Scuba Diving Courses on Gran Canaria
Bubble Maker Course €40.00
This diving course for any young adventures aged 8-10 years. We start this one day course with a brief explanation on how the equipment works and cover all the required safety aspects. Then it's into our private swimming pool where we will play games and teach them how to have fun underwater. We also show them how to be a space man underwater with the weightless atmosphere underwater. Newbee divers leave with a smile on their faces and their very first diving certification from the dive centre.
PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course €46.00
This one day scuba diving course for those that wish to try diving for the first time. Free pick up (and drop off) from your hotel to the dive centre around 9:30am. After completing some registration paperwork you watch a short 35min video presentation, which gives you a brief explanation on Scuba Diving. Then you're shown the scuba equipment you'll be using and this will include an opportunity to take your first breath from the regulator. (it is really easy)
- Once you're in your wetsuit we get into our private training pool. We spend as long as you need playing games and teaching you how to swim underwater, before showing you some basic skills on how to clear a regulator and mask underwater. Once you are comfortable in the water you then have the option of making a dive in the sea.(extra cost €30 p/p)
- Your first sea dive will be in one of the bays in front of the dive centre, which is full of marine life including Octopus, Rays, Cuttlefish, Parrot fish and much more... On completing the scuba diving course you will receive a certificate from PADI and you will be registered as having completed the Discover Scuba Diving course.
PADI Scuba Diver Course €225.00
This 2 to 3 day diving course will teach you the basic information needed to Scuba Dive. Each day you will be picked up from your hotel at 9. 30am and dropped back at the end of the day at 5:00pm. (free of charge)
- During the course you will complete 3 dives in our private pool and 2 dives in the sea. You also have 3 DVD to watch in the classroom of about, each giving you information for the next part of your diving adventure.
- By the end of the scuba diving course you will make 3 quizzes to check your understanding of the course. They are very easy and if you get any wrong, we will go over them with you.
PADI Open Water Diver Course €360.00
This 3 to 4 day scuba diving course will teach you all the information you will need to dive independently with another certified diver. Each day you will be picked up from your hotel at 9. 30am and dropped back at the end of the day at 5:00pm. (free of charge)
- During the course you will complete 5 dives in our private pool and 4 dives in the sea. You also have 5 DVD's to watch in the classroom.
- At he end of the scuba diving course you have to complete 5 quizzes to check your understanding of the course. Then you have a final exam covering everything you learnt during the course. You will have already covered all of the information you will need to pass this exam, as the questions are very similar to that of the quizzes. They're very easy.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course €270.00
This 2 day scuba diving course is designed to take you to the next step in your diving adventure, whilst safely being supervised by your instructor. You have to make 5 dives to complete the advanced open water course.
- You must complete a Navigation Dive and Deep Dive to complete the advanced open water course. You can choose any 3 other dives from the Advanced Manual.
- Other dives include, Photography, Wreck, Nitrox, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Boat, Night, Fish ID, Search and Recover, Drift, Dry suit and many more.... They are all great fun and you will be happy to know there is no exam at the end of this PADI course. You do however have to do knowledge reviews, like you did for your PADI Open Water Course.
Emergency First Response Course €175.00
This is a one day course which covers basic first aid and CPR. There are 2 parts to the course. The first part of the course is about Primary Care and covers all aspects of giving somebody life saving help as a lay person.
- The second part of the course is about Secondary Care and covers all aspects of giving somebody non life threatening care. The course is good fun, with a serious side to it.
- The EFR course has to be completed before you can attend the Rescue diver course, unless you have already a first aid course.
PADI Rescue Diver Course €300.00
This 2 day scuba diving course takes you one more step up the PADI ladder. Up to this point you've learnt how to look after yourself and the basic information on how to look after others. Now we are going to teach you how to not only make sure you're safe, but also be able to recognise and give another person help if they need it.
- After a short DVD, you then spend the rest of the day in our private pool learning all the separate parts of self help rescue and rescuing others. Then you put it all together and make a full rescue from the bottom of the pool to the surface, giving rescue breaths whilst towing the victim and removing both your scuba equipment and theirs.
- On day 2 you will make 4 scenarios in the sea where you will get the chance to put all that you learnt in the pool to the test. During the course you will also be shown how to make different types of search’s for missing divers. This is a real fun course, with a serious side and is also very rewarding.
Scuba Diving Courses Gran Canaria Notes
- All scuba diving course are in small groups of no more than 4 students. So you'll always have the full attention of the scuba instructor and you will receive all the help that you need to learn to scuba dive. Scuba diving course prices include scuba equipment rental and PADI registration on completion.
PADI Dive Master Training (2 weeks to 2 months)
For those of you looking to join the leaders of the pack, look no further. The PADI Divemaster programme is the first leadership level in the PADI System of diver education. PADI Divemaster's go on to become PADI Instructors. The training and experience you gain through the PADI Divemaster program helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator. To qualify for PADI Divemaster training you need to:
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent.
- Have logged a minimum of 20 open water dives prior to entry to PADI Divemaster training.
- Completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical fitness form signed by a physician.
This PADI Divemaster course is the first step onto the professional ladder of scuba diving. There are two options available for attending the Dive Master course.
- 2 week course - Over 2 weeks you will receive one to one tuition on becoming a dive master. Because of this the course price is high and you will have to do some home study prior to starting the course.
- Internship - Held over 2 months the internship will cover all the aspects of becoming a good Dive Master. In return you will work at the dive centre in exchange for all your training cost. We promise that you will not be used as a slave, but will part of our working team and will be able to learn much more this way.
Dive Trips and Scuba Diving Courses on Gran Canaria from Extreme Sports Cafe