Commercial Diving - Any person wishing to become a professional diver normally requires specific training that satisfies any regulatory agencies which have local authority. The work in this area of the industry typically revolves around the maintenance of oil platforms and the building of underwater structures used in the production process. Due to the dangerous nature of some professional diving operations, specialised equipment such as an on-site hyperbaric chamber and diver-to-surface communication system is often required by law.
The HSE approved Professional Scuba qualification is required by all professionals who extend their work underwater including media film makers, actors and presenters, archaeologists, marine biologists, oceanographers and inspection engineers. Come and get your HSE Professional Scuba Qualifications with Extreme Sports Cafe, and our team of world class trainers, and divers of all disciplines..
HSE PROFESSIONAL SCUBA DIVER (C90)
The HSE approved Professional Scuba qualification is required by all professionals who extend their work underwater including media film makers, actors and presenters, archaeologists, marine biologists, oceanographers and inspection engineers. Included within the syllabus are:
- a. Diving Theory - effects of pressure, gases, diving physiology, decompression.
- b. Training is initially within the diving tank as it may be the first time that some students will use full-face masks such as the Aga mask.
- c. Tethered dives are made using special rope/telephone systems to connect with the rest of the dive team plus the use of rope-pull lifeline signals.
- d. Modern digital through water comms systems are fitted to some of the Aga masks and their theory and advantages / disadvantages are taught.
e. Decompression chamber operation is introduced and 'dry' dive to a depth of 50m is experienced.
- f. Use of Tools underwater inc. handtools, rigging, knots and splicing - a common complaint of many diving companies is that even simple rigging tasks involving tying of ropes to equipment don't seem to be within many 'new' divers capabilities!
- g. Underwater searches with shotlines and lazyshots.
h. Boat handling - inflatables and RIBS (an RYA Powerboat handling course can also be run as a separate course perhaps at a weekend to assist programme planning).
- i. Diving legislation inc. minimum Dive Team sizes, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- j. Professional skills development will include report writing and Risk Assessments.
- k. Breathing gas safety issues are taught such as correct cylinder filling procedures, decanting from storage cylinders, basic compressor checks, and air purity testing.
- l. Rescue procedures.
Commercial Diving DVD from Extreme Sports Cafe
Want to dive for dollars?
- In Volume 1 of the Turning Pro DVD series, leading professionals give an insight in the fields of Marine Archaeology, Combat Diving and Oilfield Diving.
- Buy this product to purchase your of copy Turning Pro Volume 1 from Extreme Sports Cafe.
Please contact Extreme Sport Cafe for advice with more advanced Commercial Diver Training. We have access to centers and training for all levels of Commercial Diver Training the world over...
Also, please check back to this web page within the next few weeks as Extreme Sports Cafe will be aggressively working to bring more and more online content about out Professional and Commercial Diver Training programs globally.
Scuba Diving Courses Training From Extreme Sports Cafe
With ESC and our partners, you will learn to scuba dive while enjoying every moment. The secret of our success is that we keep our group sizes small, we care for everyone equally and you'll always know you're in the capable hands of friendly diving professionals.
- The full range of scuba experiences & PADI scuba diving courses on offer are detailed on the scuba diving courses and scuba diving experiences pages of the ESC Web site.
- We can adapt to your needs. For example, a PADI Open Water Diver course takes five full days to complete; these days can be five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) or two whole weekends.
- Our rate for beginners’ courses is all-inclusive. This means your scuba course fee covers registration, all training materials, scuba equipment rental, air fees and certification card.
- At Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Scuba Diving Schools you will always find a start date to suit you, we run scuba courses all year round and start new courses every week.
Once started you'll find yourself becoming part of a global PADI diving crew, you'll have the opportunity to gain knowledge, learn new skills and above all, make new friends and enjoy a fun, active lifestyle with other divers from all over the world.
Scuba Diving Courses and Experiences from Extreme Sports Cafe