Extreme Sports Café is pleased to offer everyone a unique and exciting opportunity to master the sport of Paramotoring and Paragliding in the U.K. or abroad on a Paramotoring Holiday. Extreme Sports Café’s partner Paramotoring centre is a dedicated Paramotoring school. All the instructors are qualified and are highly experienced professionals. Our partner UK Paramotoring School follows the Foot Launched Powered Aircraft Association syllabus and qualifies students as Paramotor Pilots with a world recognized Paramotoring qualification.
Extreme Sports Café’s partner UK Paramotoring School is based in Mere, Wiltshire. The school runs a series of different courses catering for all standards, from beginners to advanced pilots. Our partner UK Paramotor School also sells a wide range of some of the best Paragliding and Paramotoring equipment available. They are also the official Training School for Parajet, the UK's leading Paramotor manufacturer.
Paramotoring training courses in the UK take place in close proximity to the Parajet factory. This allows students to learn more about the construction of the Paramotor. The UK Training is unique as it includes a series of practical sessions in the workshop with the Parajet engineers.
- One and Two Day Paramotor Taster courses run everyday of the week from 9.30am to 5.30pm. These parameter taster courses make the perfect gift and can be purchased in the form of a voucher. Please contact us to arrange a date and check availability.
- The 6 and 12-day paramotor courses also run from 9.30am to 5.30pm and will start on Monday mornings. In the summer, customers have the opportunity to fly as late as 9.30pm depending upon the weather conditions. However, as the paramotor school cannot guarantee consistent weather conditions, customers therefore have the ability to fragment their course and have it arranged around them and the weather. This is only possible if customers book in advance.
- All UK paramotor training takes place near Mere, Wiltshire. A series of different training sites in a 30-minute radius of Mere provide ideal training locations. The area is ideal for both Paragliding and Paramotoring, with uninterrupted airspace, open countryside and beautiful views.
Extreme Sports Café’s partner UK Paramotoring School courses are available all year round, they are however depend upon course availability and the weather. The summer courses start to get booked up quickly. (June- September) In order to avoid disappointment we recommend that you contact us in advance in order to reserve your ideal dates. Please be aware that any days that are unused will be held in credit for up to 12 months.
For more information on Extreme Sports Cafe's partner UK Paramotor Courses please check our England Paramotor Courses page.
For more of an insight into Extreme Sports Cafe's paramotor courses in Wiltshire, please check our Paramotor Syllabus Page.
UK Paramotoring Courses in Wiltshire England from Extreme Sports Cafe
England Paramotor School - Who Can Come?
Paramotoring and Paragliding are potentially dangerous sports; Therefore The Centre has the right to refuse to accept those who do not meet the following standards:
- Customers must be at least 16 years old in order to come on a course. Those wishing to bring anyone under this age should contact us in order to discuss the options available.
- Customers must be medically and physically fit enough to take part in this sport. Paragliding and Paramotoring are adventure sports and therefore require students to be in a relatively fit physical condition. If in doubt please contact us.
- Those who suffer from potentially dangerous medical conditions must contact us before booking the course
- Those whose weight exceeds 16 stone/220lbs/100Kgs should contact us before booking.
- Those who have broken, fracture d or dislocated a bone within the last year should also contact us in order to discuss their situation.
- Those who have been refused instruction at previous Paragliding, Paramotoring and other sports based schools are not permitted to sit a course at this centre.
England Paramotor School - Personal Insurance
Extreme Sports Café’s partner UK Paramotoring School does not provide personal insurance cover. It must be noted that Extreme Sports Café’s partner Paramotoring School must see proof of personnel insurance cover for all customers; without this they will not be allowed to sit a course.
England Paramotor School - Equipment Insurance
All of Extreme Sports Café’s partner UK Paramotoring School's Paramotoring courses include Equipment Insurance. In the event of equipment damage there is a £200 maximum excess charge. Therefore, in the unlikely event of an accident students will only be charged a maximum of £200 no matter what the damage may be.
All England Paramotor School - Training Rules and Regulations
- When under instruction with the Centre customers must accept that the instructors’ word is final.
- Customers must adhere to all site rules and regulations when under training with the Centre and act in a safe manner at all times.
- Customers must be aware that they are taking part in adventure sports and accidents can and do occur.
- Customers must accept that they are responsible for their own actions and accept to not hold the Centre responsible for any accident or injury that may occur while under training.
- Customers must act in a safe and responsible manner at all times whilst under instruction with the Centre.
- Customers must obey the 8-hour rule; they must leave at least 8 hours in between consuming alcohol and instruction or flying.
- Customers must not smoke when under direct instruction or in the proximity of flying equipment and fuel.
- The Centre reserves the right to refuse to teach any student or not to qualify any student, until that student satisfies the appropriate standards and call a halt to training in the interest of safety, as they see fit.
Extreme Sports Café’s partner UK Paramotoring School uses the Parajet Volution paramotor, the Paramania Revolution, Swing Arcus and the Apco Thrust wings in the training school. This allows students to test the products that are on sale before deciding whether they wish to purchase them. All students’ are eligible for certain discounts if they sit a course and purchase equipment. Extreme Sports Café’s partner UK Paramotoring School sells all of the previously mentioned products as well as the Paramania Action GT wing, Gin One G Reserve and a wide range of other accessories.
England Paramotor School - What to Bring? Customers are advised to bring the following:
- Any evidence of previous experience. E.g. a logbook.
- Boots, which cover and give support the ankle.
- Long trousers, warm jumpers, jackets, gloves, hats etc.
- Any personal flying equipment. E.g. a wing/paramotor.
- A camera, sun cream and lots of water if the weather is good.
- Proof of their own insurance cover for the duration of the course.
- A determined and safe attitude!
Once we have received your deposit and booking, customers will receive further information regarding the course structure, contact details and information regarding meeting us on the first day. It is therefore fundamental that those wishing to sit a course must book in advance of the course.
As ever this sport is governed by the weather, therefore, in the event of the weather postponing training all lost days are kept in credit to be used at a later date either in Spain or the UK . However, when not training there are plenty of places to visit in the surrounding area, these include Blenheim Palace, Shakespeare's Stratford upon Avon, Oxford and many more.
Some Paramotoring World Records
Distance flown without landing - 443km in 1997.
Time to climb to a height of 3000m or 10 000 feet - 31mn 20s in 1996.
Longest Tour undertaken -Moscow City to the North Pole.