Learn to fly in Thailand. Extreme Sports Café has teamed up with the longest running Paramotor & Paragliding School in Thailand. Our partner Paragliding & Paramotor School offers consistent, quality instruction. With SFAT Advanced Certified Instructors, with over 10 years of experience, user-friendly theory progression, both in the classroom and at the flying sites, your growth and interest in the sport of Paramotoring will be kept at it’s peak.
In and around 1990, some Paragliders pilots realised that by adding a backpack motor it would enable them to take off from level ground so having not to look for hills and ridges to launch themselves, this was when Paramotoring was invented. It provides the thrust so thereby enables pilots to gain the height giving the versatility that so they can fly for longer across the country or just go in search of thermals.
Rayong is located on the Gulf of Thailand 70km south-west of Pattaya, and 190km from Bangkok. The surrounding area produces some fine fruit, especially pineapple and durian. Each year during May the city plays host to a fruit fair. A late bloomer, the province is well known for its pristine beaches stretching along a 100-kilometer coastline and scenic waterfalls amidst exotic surroundings. We start out all new paragliding and paramotoring students in Ban Chang near Rayong, Thailand. The hill here provides consistent conditions for teaching our students the skills, and insights needed to become a paraglider pilot.
Ban Chang is approx 20 km from Rayong and approx 45 km from Pattaya. Bang Chang town is popular for its beaches and attracts tourists from far and wide although these are predominantly Thai.It is also a popular area to live with the ex-pat golfing fraternity due to the abundance of high quality golf courses between Sattahip and Rayong. Several of the Bars in the strip are "golfing bars" that not only offer a place to wind down after a round but arrange regular trips and tournaments.
The aim of Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Thailand Paramotoring & Paragliding School is to teach students the skills and attitude required to safely enjoy the sport of paramotoring. All new paramotor students start their course in Ban Chang near Rayong, Thailand. Our training hill here is one of the best in the nation with gentle unobstructed slopes, and a road to the top. Enjoy kiting the glider at the top of our hill with a view of the South of Thailand. All paramotoring courses are certified by SFAT.
For more information on Paramotoring Courses in Thailand, from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Paramotoring Thailand Courses page.
Certified Paramotor Courses in Ban Chang Thailand from Extreme Sports Cafe
SFAT - Sport Flying Association Thailand. This Association is dedicated to the safety and promotion of Ultralight, Paragliding, Paramotoring and General Aviation in Thailand. The associations President, Khun Niwat, works very closely with the Thai DCA to follow the rules and to operate Ultralight, Paragliding, Paramotoring and General Aviation aircraft safely in Thailand. Thailand is the leading country in Southeast Asia in promoting the use of General Aviation aircraft for sport and personal use.
Thailand Paramotor Instructor - Narint Lohathong
- One of the pioneer free flyers in Thailand.
- Tandem Paraglider and Paramotor pilot.
- Qualified in Australia as Hang Glider pilot.
- Qualified in Japan as Paragliding Instructor.
- Thai National and English speaker.
Khun Narint is also the honorary president of The Thailand Glider Club, helping with the organisation of competitions and events in Thailand.
Thailand Paramotoring Things to Bring
You should bring most of these items. They are listed in order of importance.
- High Top Hiking Shoes - Good ankle supporting shoes/boots are one of the keys to getting to launch, launching, and safe landings.
- Gloves - Nice to have a bit of extra warmth on those longer flights and also some protection from the lines while you are bunching up you glider.
- Layered Clothing - This is the best way to dress up/down as conditions change. It is best to have long sleeves top and bottom for the flight.
- Sun Hat, and Sunglasses - A must for sunny days.
- Water Bottle - A well-sealed water bottle is a must for your comfort.
- Sack Lunch and Snacks - If conditions are good, we sometimes stay on site all day long. You will want some form of nourishment while we are there.
- Gaiters - In order to keep any unwanted weeds or dirt out of your shoes, we highly recommend gaiters.
Thailand Paramotoring Getting There Ban Chang
BUSES: Air-conditioned buses run from Mor Chit Bus Terminal in Bangkok at regular intervals throughout the day. You can also catch a bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Thailand Paramotoring Getting around
- Pick up & drop off to/from the training site is included if staying at our recommended Hotels in the Ban Chang area for the duration of the course.
- Songthaews cruise around the city, and are available for charter should you wish to go further a field. Your hotel should be able to help.
- Several operators have cars and motorcycles for rent. Not all offer full insurance so read the agreement carefully before signing, and don't forget your International Driving Permit.
Some Paramotoring World Records
Distance flown without landing - 443km in 1997.
Time to climb to a height of 3000m or 10 000 feet - 31mn 20s in 1996.
Longest Tour undertaken -Moscow City to the North Pole.