Come learn to fly with Australia's most Popular Paragliding and Paramotoring school. For the last 3 years in a row Sydney Paramotor School, has taught more people to fly than any other school in Australia. The School have the biggest selection of Paramotors in Australia to suit all needs and budgets and the best facilities to learn on. Make it a holiday as well as a paramotor training experience.
Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Sydney Paramotor School, offer one of the best training facilities in the country and have been twice chosen for the Australian National Instructors conference for all disciplines; why? They have wide grassy 80 - 100 meter slopes, (not paddocks full of thistles and rocks) you can fly over scenic coastal headlands with huge beaches to land on and then progress to the Inland mountain sites and more.
Our partner Sydney Paramotor School is located a mere 3 and half hours drive North of Sydney and only 20 minutes south of Port Macquarie. They are located in a unique area, which has been described in the Australian Paragliding news as a Pilots Paradise, with the flying and training sites being the envy of others. Make it a holiday as well as a paramotor training experience, the beach house accommodation is 1st class, mountain bikes, games room and fishing gear all available for free.
For more information on Paramotoring near Port Macquarie Sydney from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Paramotoring Sydney Australia page.
For more information on Paragliding Courses from Extreme Sports Cafe near Port Macquarie Sydney, please check our Paragliding Sydney Australia page.
Paramotor Australia Courses near Port Macquarie Sydney from Extreme Sports Cafe
Australia Paramotoring Beginner Course $2,790
The 12 to 14 day Paramotor course is a zero feet to flying solo, a course designed for complete beginners who wish to master the wonderful sport of Paramotoring. If you are a complete beginner then this Paramotor course is the one for you. On this course you will cover non-motorised flight first, achieving the HGFA Novice certificate and then Motorised flight.
- To fly a Paramotor you will need a certain degree of mental awareness and be reasonably fit. Good co-ordination is a big advantage. You must learn to become proficient with the wing before putting on a Paramotor.
- Currently the requirements under section 18.104.22.168 are that you must meet the standard of Novice Paraglider Pilot and have a HGFA approved Novice certificate before a Paramotor can be placed on your back and that is why our 12-14 day courses are recommended, as on the first 6 – 10 days you learn to fly the wing and then learn to use the motor. This is by far the safest and easiest way to go and the only legal option. Don't be fooled into any shorts cuts, there are none.
This Paramotor course price includes, all modern near new equipment hire, training DVD (prior to course) and instruction.
Note: To Achieve a Paramotor endorsement to fly a Paramotor in Australia the current rules and conditions apply:
You must achieve the skills required to obtain a foot launch Paragliding certificate first, this would take a minimum 8- 10 days, some learn quicker, some learn slower. It will depend on your aptitude and fitness.
- After obtaining a Paragliding certificate approved by the HGFA, you can then commence Paramotor training under the direct instruction and Guidance of a Chief Flying Instructor. To get the final Paramotor endorsement you must accomplish 20 hours logged airtime with 100 take off's and landings. Without achieving these flights you cannot fly unsupervised.
Australia Paramotoring Course Notes
- Don't take short cuts with Aviation as your life depends upon good instruction in good conditions in a realistic time frame.
- Most people complete the course in 12 days but as each person is an individual in their progression of training, some could take less or longer to learn.
- Please do contact us for scheduled course dates. The Paramotor courses run the same week as our Licensed Paragliding courses, as the first 5 days are relevant to Paramotoring, especially foot launched Paramotoring courses.
- To be issued an HGFA International License after your course you need to become a full or short term member of the Hang-gliding Federation of Australia, which gives you $10,000,000 public liability insurance. You need this cover to legally fly in Australia.
This course is for experienced paraglider pilots. You need to have a paragliding license, minimum 20 hours flight time and good ground handling skills. The course price includes all equipment needed.
- No insurance is included in damage to yourself or hired equipment. You will be required to cover any damages to equipment due to negligence. Normally 2 hours flight time and 10 take off's and landings will get you endorsed.
Some Paramotoring World Records
Distance flown without landing - 443km in 1997.
Time to climb to a height of 3000m or 10 000 feet - 31mn 20s in 1996.
Longest Tour undertaken -Moscow City to the North Pole.
Australia Paramotor Courses near Port Macquarie Sydney from Extreme Sports Cafe