Extreme Sports Café has teamed up with the longest running Paragliding School in Thailand which offers consistent, quality instruction. Our partner Thailand Paragliding School has SFAT Advanced Certified Instructors, with over 10 years of experience. Our partner Thailand Paragliding School offer courses for beginners to advanced pilots. Learn to Paraglide in Thailand with Extreme Sports Cafe.
Our partner Thailand Paragliding & Paramotor School is based near Rayong in Ban Chang which is roughly 30mins from Pattaya, which in turn is roughly 2hrs from Bangkok. All of our beginner Paragliding courses are certified by SFAT and run in Ban Chang. The training hill near Rayong which, all new paragliding students start on is one of the best in the nation with gentle unobstructed slopes, and a road to the top. The hill provides consistent conditions for teaching the skills, and insights needed to become a competent paraglider pilot. Enjoy kiting the glider at the top of the training hill with a view of the South of Thailand.
Our partner Thailand Paragliding & Paramotor School run courses all year round except for June and July. (too wet)
The best months for flying in Thailand are from October to May although just because its rainy season doesn't mean that it rains all of the time. Class sizes can be from 1 or 2 students with a maximum of 3. Courses run from 10am to 6pm every day.
For more information on Paragliding in Thailand, from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Paragliding Thailand page.
For more information on Paragliding Sites in Thailand, from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Thailand Paragliding Sites page.
Thailand Paragliding Courses in Ban Chang near Rayong from Extreme Sports Cafe
Paragliding Thailand Intro Paragliding Course Para1 15,000THB
This Paragliding course is designed as an introduction to the sport that will enable you to make an educated decision regarding paragliding and you. This Paragliding course can be done over 4/5 days which will allow you to delve a bit deeper into experiencing the magic of piloting a paraglider and allow you to complete the first phase of certified training. This paragliding intro course content includes, introduction to the paraglider and associated equipment, basic weather information, and ground handling that will lead to your first solo flights.
- Successful graduates of this Paragliding program will be certified as SFAT Beginner Pilot (Para 1) and certified to fly under instructor supervision only.
- The Intro Paragliding course includes use of equipment, manual, logbook and transportation to/from the flying site if staying in Ban Chang area.
Paragliding Thailand Paragliding Course Para2 19,000THB
This is the follow on paragliding course (after the Para 1) run over 4/5 days. By the end of this paragliding course you should be able to soar above the hill several times, perform 180 degree turns, plus be trained in a number of advanced manoeuvres. This Paragliding course is intended to teach you how to be a safe and confident pilot. Instruction and practice will prepare you to decide how and when to fly your paraglider without the direct supervision of your instructor. Successful graduates of this Paragliding program will be certified as SFAT Novice Pilot (Para 2) and certified to fly solo without instructor supervision.
- You should have completed the Para 1 course or have equivalent skill to be able to attend this course. You will have to demonstrate your skills to our instructors before hand.
- The PG2 Paragliding course includes *accommodation, use of equipment, manual, logbook and transportation to/from the flying site if staying in Ban Chang area.
- * The included accommodation is a room at an Instructors house. If you would like a Hotel room this can be arranged but is not included and will have to be paid for by you.
Paragliding Thailand Full Beginner Paragliding Course 30,000THB
Become a solo novice pilot......This is our most popular Paragliding course for the serious budding pilot. This Paragliding course combines both the Para 1 and Para 2 courses and is run over 8 days. (weather permitting)
This Paragliding course is intended to teach you how to be a safe and confident pilot. Instruction and practice will prepare you to decide how and when to fly your paraglider without the direct supervision of your instructor. You will learn to inflate, kite, run, launch fly and land the paraglider wing yourself. You will also learn how to layout your wing, do a preflight check, be at ease with both forward and reverse launches, learn to control your wing through turns, mild turbulence and much more…..On this paragliding course you will gain the skills and flight time/experience needed to fly safely at most paragliding sites. Successful graduates of this program will be certified as SFAT Novice Pilot and will be able to fly without the direct supervision of an instructor.
- The Full Beginner Paragliding course includes *accommodation, use of equipment, manual, logbook and transportation to/from the flying site if staying in Ban Chang area.
* The included accommodation is a room at an Instructors house. If you would like a Hotel room this can be arranged but is not included and will have to be paid for by you.
Paragliding Thailand Para 3 Certification Paragliding
You may sign up and begin working on your PARA 3 rating any time after you receive your PARA 2 rating. An Intermediate pilot is truly a pilot, able to fly most sites in mild to moderate soaring conditions and to judge when the site and conditions are within their skill, knowledge and experience level. On this course you will fly more demanding sites and conditions, and perfect such techniques as thermal flying, side-hill landings, top-landings, and high-wind launches. We will take you as far as you want to go.
Paragliding Thailand Courses Notes
- Our Thailand Paragliding courses are available year round. June & July appointment only. (very wet)
- If for some reason the conditions are inappropriate, we may adjust the meeting time and/or location for your Paragliding course, or we may reschedule to a mutually convenient time.
- We are flexible with scheduling Paragliding courses and can do both weekend and or mid-week days.
- The goal will be for you to complete your SFAT (Sport Flying Association Thailand) Beginner or Novice Flight Certification, and allow you to gain as much comfort and knowledge as possible.
- You will need to sign up for full membership in the T.G.C. (Thailand Glider Club) in order to complete your training and gain the SFAT rating. Any specific SFAT rating will depend on the individual pilots proficiency.
- For a world wide recognised certification you will need to apply to be an F.A.I. sport member - $180USD extra.
- Our partner Thailand Paragliding School will provide all Paragliding technical equipment required for the course.
- You can also take advantage of some significant discounts when purchasing your own paragliding equipment for us.
- You will need to sign up for full membership to the T.G.C. (Thaiglider Club) in order to complete your training and gain the SFAT rating. Any specific SFAT rating will depend on the individual pilots proficiency.
- We ask that you provide at least ten days notice if you need to cancel or we may have to charge you for the days that you signed up for.
Please Note - Thailand Paragliding Course Completion
If students do not manage to finish the course in the recommend number of days (weather permitting) and still wish to continue training there will be an extra per day charge added to complete the course.
- Students under 40 years: Recommend number of days 8. (weather permitting) Generally students under 40 can complete the course in 6 - 7 days.
- Students over 40 years: Recommend number of days 10. (weather permitting) Normally students over 40 years complete the course in 7 - 9 days. We recommend you allow 10 days to give you enough time to finish.
Thailand Paragliding Equipment
Most students will go on to purchase their own equipment after the course. Paragliding equipment can be purchased through our Thailand Paragliding School. Your instructor will be able to guide you through what is best suited for your level, style of flying and body weight.
Paragliding Thailand Courses in Ban Chang near Rayong from Extreme Sports Cafe