Ten kilometers of white sandy beaches, unspoilt countryside and some of the best kitesurfing conditions in Europe have established Tarifa and the surrounding areas as a true surfers paradise. The expansive golden beaches to the north of the town (Playa de los Lances and Playa Valdevaqueros) are ideal for these sports. Extreme Sports Café’s partner Kitesurfing School is situated in the area of lightest precipitation in Spain and the kite surfing School in Conil near Tarifa operates from March till October.
Just 11 km across the Straits of Gibraltar at its narrowest point, this southern-most tip of Europe where the Med meets the Atlantic Ocean, enjoys spectacular views of the Rif mountains of Africa across the water. The Costa De Luz’s wild coastline attracts surfers and nature-lovers alike. Just as famous for its bird watching as it’s surfing, there are endless opportunities to explore the rolling countryside. During the summer months, the thriving coastal nightlife makes it a terrific way to spend the evening after a hard day at the beach.
- Due to the enormous possibilities, that the Costa de la Luz offers, it would be a shame to be bound to only one location. Our experienced and well-informed partner kite teachers know where to go to get away from over crowded beaches and find the best spots for kitting. Not only do they take you to the best kite spots but they also know where the best local places to eat are.
- Conil is arguably the best located white Village in Andalucía. The Village is situated on Blue flag beaches and is only 38kms from Cadiz, the oldest inhabited city in Europe. The climate and conditions are perfect all year long for Kitesurfing, Surfing, mountain biking and taking it easy. Conil gets over 3,000 hours of sunshine per year and ranks as Spain‘s sunniest area.
- Costa de la Luz literally means Coast of Light. The intense blue skies and bright white sands can be dazzling, especially in winter with the low sun (don't forget your sunglasses!). This is a major attraction, especially for visitors coming from gloomy Northern Europe.
Being only 38kms from Tarifa, we are never far from wind and Surf, whether it’s flat water or rolling Swell you are looking for the area suits all levels and abilities and it is never more than a 30 minute drive. You are always with other Kitesurfers and an experienced, professional instructor. Our professionalism extends to the bars and restaurants, always ensuring our guests maximise their holiday enjoyment.
Kitesurfing Tarifa Conil Courses and Experiences from Extreme Sports Cafe
2-Day Kitesurfing Course €140
Courses are tailored to students individual level, so whether you're a total beginner, or a competent kiteboarder that wants to improve on skills or learn new moves, we have a lesson that will rapidly advance your kiteboarding
3-Day Kitesurfing Course €210
Courses are tailored to students individual level, so whether you're a total beginner, or a competent kiteboarder that wants to improve on skills or learn new moves, we have a lesson that will rapidly advance your kiteboarding.
Kitesurfing Courses Note
Kitesurfing Courses are not available during the peak/high season in August.
Only Private Kite surfing Instruction is available during August.
One To One Kitesurfing Instruction €50p/h
One to One Kite surfing Instruction to work on any kitesurfing skills you may need to learn and master that tricky move.
Kit Rental - Board & Kite 4-Hours €70
Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Kitesurfing School uses the latest kite surfing equipment, slingshot kites for advanced riders, Naish trainer kites and high performance custom boards in various sizes (between 120 and 140cm length). Bic + Fanatic Surfboards.
- All kite surfing instruction and teachers follow the recommendations of the IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) and VDWS (Federation of German Watersports).
- Kitesurfing courses cover all safety systems, technical information and teach in safe locations.
- We aim to give you the greatest possible success in learning with a maximum Fun factor!
- All kite surfing course prices include board, kite, harness, floatation jacket, helmet and tuition.
- Wave-riding lessons. If there is a no wind day then you get to try wave riding with instruction instead of Kite instruction.
- Kite surfing courses of 2 days or more are highly recommended for those wanting to reach a good level of kitesurfing competence.
Notes - Conil near Tarifa Spain
- Conil is a picturesque seaside town, located on the Costa de la Luz, in the province of Cadiz. Situated on the Atlantic coast in the south western part of Spain.
- The Cádiz coastline includes vast stretches of unspoilt sandy beaches and several coves and inlets where local people and visitors alike make the most of verdant countryside with almost year-round sun. This combination of coast, abundant greenery and vast pine forests stretching to the seashore makes this immensely attractive region possibly the major tourist destination along the entire Costa de a Luz.
- Conil has some 16km of beautiful golden sandy beaches, with transparent and crystal water. On these superb beaches all sorts of water sports can be found, as well as from the fishing port.
- The fine golden sand of Conil extends for many kilometres in both directions. A particular favourite is Playa de El Palmar, just a few kilometres south of Conil, where you can enjoy one of Spain's finest uncrowned beaches. There are a couple of excellent beach restaurants here and one or two become discotheques on hot summer nights.
- Conil is one of the resorts with the largest number of beaches in the whole of Cádiz: among the finest are Castilnovo, Los Bateles, La Fontanilla, Fuente del Gallo, Quinto and Camacho bays, Poniente (east) bay, Cala del Aceite (oil) and Roche.
- Most of these beaches are perfect for practising or simply enjoying watersports such as surfing, wind surfing, bodyboard, kitesurfing … as well as beach fishing, or surfcasting.
- Tuna is a delicacy in this area as it is caught fresh in the Atlantic waters off Cadiz. Why not try the ortiguillas - deep-fried sea anemones, which you only see in the Cádiz area.
- The old town centre of Conil is a small area with plenty of tapa bars and fish restaurants as well as pizzerias.
- Conil is located favourably with easy access for your trips to Seville, Jerez, Cádiz or even Morocco (only two hours away) and Gibraltar.
Getting There - Conil near Tarifa Spain
If you are planning to come to Conil/Tarifa we recommend you consider flying and then hiring a car. Malaga airport is one of the busiest in the world for tourist traffic. This has brought all the costs down dramatically and increased the services available.
- Jerez is the nearest and is served by Ryanair; Thompson Flights also run a service from Gatwick. Jerez is approximately 50 minutes away by car.
- Gibraltar is 1½ to 2 hours away, allowing for variable border crossing time into Spain at peak times. British Airways/GB Airways and Monarch are the main carriers.
- Seville is 1½ to 2 hours (direct motorway connection to Jerez). British and Iberian Airways are the main carriers.
- Malaga is approximately 2½ to 3 hours away via the new motorway from Algeciras (next to Gibraltar).
From the Airport you'll need to arrange a taxi or hire a car to get to Conil. Hiring a car is the best way to see The Costa de la Luz.
Getting Around - Conil near Tarifa Spain
- Taxis - Taxis in Conil as with most Spanish towns do not charge by meter. Prices are already set before you get in. All drivers have a printed list of prices for destinations which they’ll show you, with additional prices for journeys beyond each destination. To avoid confusion simply ask the price before you take a taxi.
- Bicycle - For the more energetic visitors who want to explore Conil and its environs by bike, you can hire bicycles in either the Hotel Fuerte Conil or at the nearby Hotel Fuerte Costa Luz.
- Car Hire - Extreme Sports Cafe and Holiday Autos are proud to offer you fantastic rates on your holiday Car Hire.