Having a great location and conditions makes all the difference to your Kitesurfing experience, especially during the learning phase. With Extreme Sports Café’s partner Safety Bay Kitesurfing School we believe we have the best possible location near Perth to learn to Kitesurf, and progressing onto the harder stuff. Kitesurfing lessons and hire run all year round, in Safety Bay near Perth WA.
A strong thermal sea breeze often referred to as the "Fremantle Doctor" arrives most afternoons during the summer months. Best sailing is from October to April with wind speeds normally around 15 to 25 knots. When the wind doesn't turn up there are many other attractions to suit the visitor. These include diving, sailing, recreational boat and jetty fishing, vast stretches of white sandy beaches, swimming with wild dolphins and visiting sea lions and penguins on the nearby islands. Kitting is best done early and late in the season.
For more information on Kitesurfing in Perth Western Australia from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Kitesurfing Perth Western Australia page.
Kitesurfing Courses in Safety Bay Perth, Western Australia from Extreme Sports Cafe
Perth Kite surfing Introduction Course $240Aus
The most important kite lesson you will ever do. This safety and technical side of Kite Flying. Using IKO guidelines we teach you all the necessary fundamentals of kitesurfing, basic trainer kite skills, correct rigging up, kite flying, safety systems, launching and landing. Be prepared to get wet as you will also be flying a proper kite in the water. This lesson is done half on land, then half in the water but is 100% hands-on.
Perth Kite surfing Lesson2 BodyDragging $240Aus
This lesson is the most fun you can have till you put the board on, body dragging. To propel yourself through the water you need to use a proper inflatable kite. You will also learn upwind body dragging, which is so you can retrieve the board when you lose it in deep-water spots. Once competent at this level then it's time to move onto Board Skills.
Perth Kite surfing Lesson 3 Board Skills $240Aus
During this lesson you will learn board skills, everything from how to put the board on your feet then depending how quickly you pick up the skills, the sky is the limit. Going upwind, jibing, going toeside and lots more, we may even get you doing your first jump! You are now a completely independent rider: able to come down to the beach, assess the conditions, rig up, launch your kite and ride back and forth.
Perth Kite surfing Zero To Hero Courses $600Aus
This course is a comprehensive kitesurfing course and gets you up and riding safely. This course is 3x2hr kitesurfing sessions designed for the complete novice and covers all the aspects of Kite surfing to help get you on your way. Kitesurfing Lessons 1, 2 and 3 combined. You will learn Body Dragging, Flying, Setup, Water re-launching, all the kite surfing safety aspects, maybe even your first try at jumps and more.
Perth Kite surfing 2-Hour Private Tuition $240
With 1-1 Kite surfing tuition you can cover upwind sailing, jumping, tricks, transitions and more. It's simple you tell us what kitesurfing skills you need help with the most and we'll customised instruction to strengthen those skills.
Perth Kitesurfing Equipment Hire $70 per/Hrs
Full Kitesurfing equipment hire is available for competent kitesurfers. Generally after 3 kitesurfing lessons with our partner Perth Kitesurfing School or upon presentation of an IKO Level 2 card. This includes rigging tips and familiarity session plus unlimited use of all sizes of kite, boards, harness.
- On site kite hire only, no take aways.
- Kite Only hire is available at the same rate as full kit hire of $70per hr.
- Kite Board Only hire only is also available.
- Wetsuit hire is available at just $10 per session
Perth Kite surfing Safety Bay Notes
- All Kitesurfing equipment is included for kitesurfing courses. There is a huge size range from 1.8m2 to 15m2 of the latest kites.
- For complete beginners we recommend lessons 1-3 or Zero To Hero course to get you safely on your way.
- As a professional Kite surfing school our partner Perth Kite surfing School, always have one eye on the wind forecast and will adjust the kite surfing lessons times to get you out in the best conditions possible.
- Kite surfing lessons times are from 10am to 6pm, 7 days per week. The Kitesurfing school are also available for after-work sessions.
- Extreme Sports Café’s partner Safety Bay Kitesurfing School is Western Australia’s official North and Cabrinha test centre so all the latest kite gear from these two iconic kite brands is available. They can help you out with your gear purchases including second hand after your kite surfing lesson package as well as hire equipment.
Kitesurfing Perth Courses in Safety Bay Western Australia from Extreme Sports Cafe