You can learn how to kitesurf in many spots around the world, but few offer the ideal conditions of Extreme Sports Café’s new partner Kenyan kitesurfing school for learning: wide beach, soft sand, protective barrier reef, no corals or rocks, cross winds and last but not least very warm water! Africa is like no other place on earth and kitesurfing here will be a kitesurfing holiday of a lifetime!
The Republic of Kenya is a country in East Africa. It is bordered by Ethiopia to the north, Somalia to the east, Tanzania to the south, Uganda to the west, and Sudan to the northwest, with the Indian Ocean running along the southeast border. The country is named after Mount Kenya, a very significant landmark. Kenya has considerable land area of wildlife habitat, including the Masai Mara, where Blue Wildebeest and other bovids participate in a large-scale annual migration. The "Big Five" animals of Africa can also be found in Kenya; the lion, leopard, buffalo, rhinoceros and elephant.
Extreme Sports Café’s partner Kenyan Kitesurfing School is an established school with over 9 years of experience. Located on the beautiful Kenyan coastline, (In The Coast Province of Kenya) just 2 hours North of Mombasa and 30 minutes North of Malindi. Today, our partner Kenyan Kitesurfing School is the premier kitesurf spot in East Africa and is in the process of being affiliated with the BKSA (British Kite surfing Association).. It offers incredible kiting conditions and continues to be praised by international pro riders, beginners, as well as magazines and television programs.
For more information on Kitesurfing Courses in Kenya from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Kitesurfing Kenya Courses page.
For more information on the Kitesurfing Kenya Resort from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Kitesurfing Kenya Resort page.
Kitesurfing Kenya Courses near Malindi Mombasa from Extreme Sports Cafe
Kenya enjoys a tropical climate. It is hot and humid at the coast, temperate inland and very dry in the north and northeast parts of the country. There is however a lot of rain between the months March and May. The temperature does remain high throughout these months. The hottest period is from February to March and coldest in July to August.
Kitesurfing Mombasa Kenya - The Wind
- Cross-shore and on-shore winds.
- Wind from 12 to 20 knots 75% of the year.
- Excellent for learners and experienced riders.
- Wave riding on high tide.
- Warm water all year long.
Kitesurfing Mombasa Kenya - The Beach
- Beautiful eco-style accommodations.
- 5 kilometers of deserted beach.
- Bay protected by reef.
- Sandy bottom, no rocks, no corrals.
Kitesurfing Mombasa Kenya - Other Activities
- Kenya offers an amazing array of activities when you need a break from kiting. Only a couple hours away from Malindi, you can experience a true African safari in Tsavo National Park; one day or two day safaris are possible
- If you are short on time, anything from deep-sea fishing to scuba diving or snorkeling can be arranged within Malindi Marine Park.
- Also close by are some interesting tropical forest, nature walks that will be a nice change from the beach.
- The Swahili town of Malindi is quite fascinating and holds many cultural aspects. There is some good shopping in town and a few local clubs that can be quite fun too.
- Blue Wildebeest and other bovid participate in a large-scale annual migration. Up to 250,000 blue wildebeest perish each year in the long and arduous movement to find forage in the dry. The annual migration occurs between June and September with millions of wildlife taking part. It has been a popular event for filmmakers to capture.
Extreme Sports Café’s partner Kenya Kitesurfing School is happy to arrange all these activities for you. Just tell them know what you fancy and they’ll make it happen.
Kitesurfing Kenya - Notes
- Our partner Kenya Kite surfing School, operates all year long except for April, May and June, which is the rainy season (closed).
- The kiting season is best in July, August, December, January, February and March.
- Generally if coming from Europe, fly into the international airport in Mombasa. If coming from Nairobi then fly into the domestic airport of Malindi.
- Our partner Kenya Kitesurfing School, can also arrange transport from Mombasa Airport or from Malindi airport to the Resort.
- Daily Flights run from Nairobi to Malindi with Kenya Airways (www.kenya-airways.com) and Fly540. (www.fly540.com)
- We ask for a 15% deposit to secure your place made online in Extreme Sports Café’s secure payment gateway.
- A 2nd Deposit Payment of 50% of the balance is then required by the Kenya Kitesurfing School, 45 days prior to arrival and the final balance is paid upon arrival.
- 2nd Deposit Payments can be done via bank wire transfer.
- Final payment upon arrival can be made by either cash (Euros or GBP or US dollars) or by major credit card.
Renowned for being the pioneer of Kite surfing in East Africa as well as the #1 kitesurf spot with ideal conditions for learners and experienced kiters alike!