Extreme Sports Cafes partner Mexico Kiteboarding School was the first Kitesurfing School in Tulum and after many years of teaching and riding they have expanded and offer more school and riding locations throughout the Yucatan Peninsula. The main School location has the flattest conditions in all of Tulum to learn kiteboarding from December through to August. Join Extreme Sports Cafe and come and learn to kitesurf in Tulum at some incredible kiteboarding spots.
All the Tulum kite school instructors are multilingual and offer all levels of kite lessons in English, Spanish, Italian or French. The instructors are expert kiteboarders and IKO Certified with over 3 to 5 years experience teaching and riding. They teach what they love to do. With Extreme Sports cafe's partner Tulum kitesurfing School you are sure to receive a professional service along the Riviera Maya, in Tulum Mexico.
- The warm waters of Mexico and the tropical sun of the Caribbean make it perfect a location to spend hours in the ocean learning Kiteboarding on our IKO certification courses, going on downwind trips or riding waves on the reef break. The open stretches of powdery white beaches and side-shore winds are the ideal environment to learn or improve your kitesurfing skills.
- Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Mexico Kite School runs for kite lessons from December to August with the best winds from mid November to May. They are open 7 days a week from 9am till sunset. Beginner kite surfing lesson start every day at 1pm.
- Kitesurfing lessons can be taken as Group lessons or Private lessons. Group Lesson - Kitesurfing instruction with shared equipment, 2 students per kite. Private Lesson - One-on-one instruction and you have your own kite all to yourself.
For more information on Kitesurfing in Tulum Mexico from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Kitesurfing Tulum Mexico page.
For more information on Kitesurfing Holidays in Mexico from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Kitesurfing Mexico Holidays page.
Kitesurfing Mexico Courses on the Mayan Riviera in Tulum from Extreme Sports Cafe
Kitesurf Mexico 1Hrs Kitesurfing Intro Course
The Intro to Kite surfing is the fastest, easiest and safest way to discover the Kitesurfing world. On this intro lesson you will have fun learning the basics of flying a trainer kite in the wind window and the power zone. This 1 hour kitesurfing lesson includes all kite surfing equipment and instruction with trainer kites. Now that you are hooked we will credit the intro to the 3hrs Basic Intro.
- Course content includes: Wind direction, Wind window Power and Neutral Zone, Safety area, Set up the trainer kite, bar and lines, Kite control, Twist and untwist the lines.
- Lesson Price - Private $72. Group $60 p/p.
Kitesurf Mexico 3Hrs Kitesurfing Intro Course (IKO 1)
This 3 hour basic introductory kite course begins with a complete explanation of the principles of the wind window. During this lesson, you will have fun learning to fly a trainer kite on land (if you've already done this we'll skip this lesson). After demonstrating the required skills, you are introduced to the four-line inflatable kite. You will learn how to setup the equipment, the bar, its safety mechanisms, how to launch and land the kite, and techniques in piloting the kite. Now you'll start to experience the power of four-line kites.
- Course content includes: Intro + 4 Lines Inflatable Kite Assembling, Bar and Lines, (parts and safety systems) Kite Control on the beach,Self-Launching and landing.
- Lesson Price - Private $216. Group $180 p/p.
- We recommend taking a Group Lesson for the Intro Course.
Kitesurf Mexico 6Hrs Full Kitesurfing Intro Course (IKO 1-2)
The goal of the Full Intro Kiteboarding Program is to use the theory and skills learned in the Basic Intro Kiteboarding Program to advance your control of the four-line kite. You will learn to pilot the kite while on land and in the water. During the water instruction you learn how to use the power of the kite to propel yourself through the water known as a body drag. You will then learn the piloting skills needed to start getting on the board.
- Course content includes: Basic Intro + Kite assembling under supervision, Safety (wind directions, weather and ocean conditions), Different types of kites, bars, lines, Advanced Kite control, Directional body-dragging (Technique to recover the board) and Power body-dragging. (power zone)
- Lesson Price - Private $432. Group $324 p/p. 3Hrs Group + 3Hrs Private $396 p/p.
- We recommend the 3Hrs Group & 3Hrs Private option to get the best from your lesson.
Kitesurf Mexico 9Hrs Full Beginner Kitesurfing Course (IKO 1-2-3)
The 9hrs Kiteboarding Program is the best to become an independent kiteboarder and be able to keep practicing by yourself. This course includes the 6Hrs Full Intro Program and the last 3 hours enable you to become 100% independent. With the last 3hours you will master your kite control and attempt to stand on the board.
- Course content includes: Basic Intro+Kite assembling under supervision, Safety, (wind directions, weather and ocean conditions) Types of kites, bars, lines, Advanced Kite control, Directional body-dragging, (Technique to recover the board) Power body-dragging (power zone), Self-rescue, Water re-launch, Advance Kite control, Power body-dragging, (full power zone) Different types of boards and Water starts.
- Lesson Price - Private $648. Group $468 p/p. 3Hrs Group + 3Hrs Private $612 p/p.
- We recommend the 3Hrs Group & 6Hrs Private option to get the best from your lesson.
Kitesurf Mexico 2Hrs Kitesurfing Refresher Course
When did you take your last kitesurfing lesson? 6 months ago, 1 year ago? If this sounds like you then this is the course for you. We will help you feel comfortable again with your kite control, assembling, body drag if you need or the water start. Lesson Price - Private $168.
Kitesurf Mexico 1Hrs Kitesurfing Independent Course
Are you already riding …but still missing some important skills. Learn how to be 100% independent, learn how to launch and land your kite by yourself, refresh your self-rescue skills and learn some important tips to make you become independent. Lesson Price - Private $72. Group $60 p/p.
Kitesurf Mexico Equipment Hire
Kite surfing hire of 4 line kite surfing equipment is only available to experienced riders who are completely independent and can re-launch and perform self rescues. Our partner Kite School reserve the right to assess the rider and hire equipment based on his/her skills.
Our partner Kitesurfing School do not rent kites to people practicing bodydragging or water starts.
Kitesurfing is an extreme sport because it can potentially be dangerous. The most important aspect is maintaining safety so you can continue to enjoy the sport. Our partner Mexico Kite School concentrate on teaching you the basics of safety and kite control so that you start with a solid foundation. You then progress onto working with the board, the water re-launch and the self- rescue.
- It takes around 6 to 9 hours to learn basic kite control, it also depends on your ability as to how fast you will start riding. The wind also plays a big part in learning as it governs how many hours you are be able to do.
- You usually do 3 hours on the first day, beginning with flying a trainer kite on the beach. (If you already know how to do this you'll skip this part) The next step is the assembling of all the kitesurfing equipment, an inflatable 4-line kite and ending with practicing kite control on the beach.
- We recommend taking private lessons for the next steps, with one-on-one instruction you are able to advance faster. You keep practicing kite control and start bodydragging (having the kite pull you through the water without a board) until you demonstrate good kite control.
- After 6 to 9 hours of instruction the best thing to do is to keep practicing with your own kite surfing equipment.
- The time it takes to master kite control and be ready to start going on the board varies from person to person and also depends on wind conditions.
Kitesurfing Mexico Courses on the Mayan Riviera in Tulum from Extreme Sports Cafe