Extreme sports Café can now offer you incredible kiting conditions and a very chilled and unique type of holiday, in a new, uncrowned, exotic destination that combines great kiting conditions with a fantastic beach holiday. Extreme Sports Café’s newest partner is an established Kitesurf School on the beautiful Kenya Coast. They were actually, the first school to open in East Africa 8 years ago. Join Extreme Sports Cafe for an unforgettable Kitesurfing Kenya Holidays.
The kite surfing spot is blessed with the most ideal beach and wind conditions. With an average of 300 days of wind per year, at an average of 16 knots and with peaks of 18 to 25 knots the spot offers a very wide range of kiting conditions. Depending on the tides you have a daily choice, from waves to glassy flat water all in a safe bay. Conditions are perfect to learn to kitesurf and for experienced kiters as well…
For more information on Kitesurfing in Kenya near Mombasa, from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Kitesurfing Mombasa Kenya page.
For more information on the Kitesurfing Kenya Resort from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Kitesurfing Kenya Resort page.
Kitesurfing Kenya Courses near Malindi Mombasa from Extreme Sports Cafe
Kitesurfing Kenya Courses Only
Kenya Kitesurfing Beginner Kitesurfing Course €340
This kite surfing course is 3 to 5 days depending on student’s abilities with approx 9hours of tuition. This beginner course will take you from equipment safety to the board stage.
- Day-1 Theory and Safety: Equipment and safety theory, Kite set-up and kite maintenance, Safety systems of the kite, Power zone and wind windows, Fly a stunt kite and a full size kite on the beach, Launch and land the kite on the beach.
- Day-2 Body Dragging: Practice more landing and launching on the beach, Learn to re-launch kite in the water, Basic downwind body dragging in the water, Advanced upwind body dragging in the water and Body dragging with board in the water.
- Day-3 Board Riding: Board theory, Water start (practice, practice), Safety rules on the water.
After the Course: Now that you are at the board stage, we recommend you sign up for the refresher course or for a few hours of supervised practice. There your instructor will focus on getting you going on the board, riding upwind, improving your stance and your confidence.
Kitesurfing Kenya Kitesurfing Refresher Course €220
This course is a recommended add-on to the Beginner course and is 2-3 days approx 6 hours of tuition. It is also great for students who’ve completed a course a while ago and need a refresher. Master water start, ride upwind and learn transitions.
Kitesurfing Support - Supervised Practice €40
Once you have completed your beginners courses, and if the instructor decides you can be independent on the water this is the next step. Master water start, ride upwind and learn transitions all under supervision of your instructor.
On this Kite surfing course you will be learning to kite without assistance. This is for kiters who have completed the basics but still require some instruction and guidance or if you only have another day to spend at the beach. Approx 1hrs.
Kitesurfing Kenya Courses and Kenya Resort Accommodation
Kitesurfing Kenya Resort - This is one of Kenya’s most well-known boutique beach hotel’s situated on a point between two deserted bays, sheltered by a fringing coral reef and secluded in thousands of coconut trees and lush indigenous vegetation. There are two resorts here with two types of accommodations: The Main Resort and the Beach Bandas. (Banda – Beach Hut) The Main Resort is more stylish and comfortable and the Beach Bandas are more rustic and laid back. Both properties are owned by the Kenyan Kitesurfing School and are a few steps away from the kitesurf school right on the beach.
- 4-Day Kite surfing Package Main Resort €490 - Beach Banda €380.
- 7-Day Kite surfing Package Main Resort €910 - Beach Banda €680.
- 10-Day Kite surfing Package Main Resort €1,290 - Beach Banda €910.
- 14-Day Kite surfing Package Main Resort €1,820 - Beach Banda €1,140.
- 12-Day Kite surfing Package & 3-Day Safari Main Resort € 2,120.
Kitesurfing Kenya Resort Packages Notes
- All Kitesurfing packages are Full-Board and prices are Per Person. Please ask for Half-Board prices (Breakfast & Dinner)
- All the Kite surfing packages include a Beginner Kitesurfing Course except for the 4-Day/3-Night Package which includes 2Hrs of Kitesurfing Instruction per day.
- The 12-Day Kite surfing Package is 12 days in total - 3 of these 12 days will be on safari.
- The 3-day safari includes all accommodation in lodges, full board food, park fees, vehicle and guides.
- Please ask for half-board prices.
Kenya Kitesurfing Equipment & Instructors Extreme Sports Café’s partner Kenya Kitesurfing School is well stocked with all the kitesurfing equipment you will need for your kite course. They use a combination of C kites and bow kites and you will be equipped from head to toe with kite, board, harness, helmet and life vests. The Kitesurf School DO NOT offer general, Kitesurfing Equipment hire at the moment.
Extreme Sports Café’s partner Kenya Kitesurfing School is well stocked with all the kitesurfing equipment you will need for your kite course. They use a combination of C kites and bow kites and you will be equipped from head to toe with kite, board, harness, helmet and life vests. The Kitesurf School DO NOT offer general, Kitesurfing Equipment hire at the moment.
- Student hire and supervision - Once a student has completed a course and if the instructor decides they can be independent on the water, they can continue to learn with Supervised Practice sessions.
Extreme Sports Café’s partner Kenya Kitesurfing School instructors have been with them for several years and they have all taught this incredibly addictive sport in total safety. The main kite instructor is Italian, IKU certified, (Italian cert) speaks fluent English and has been with them now for over 3 years. During the high season there are also Kenyan instructors (no official certification) on hand and assistants to help with launching, equipment, etc..
Kitesurfing Lessons and Kitesurfing Holidays in Kenya Mombasa with Extreme Sports Cafe