Extreme Sports Café’s partner Durban Kitesurfing School was the first IKO School in Durban and is still number one for Kitesurfing quality, safety and service in Durban. Whether you’re just starting out or just want to improve your riding skills, our partner durban Kitesurfing School offer you a safe location and fun kitesurfing learning experience. All levels are welcome, beginner, intermediate and advanced kitesurfing lessons are available. Join Extreme Sports Cafe in Durban South Africa for your kite surfing experience.
Our partner Durban kitesurfing School prefers a one to one teaching method ensuring you get the most out of your kite boarding lessons. Our partner Durban kitesurfing School also uses the most up to date teaching methods with a focus on safety first ensuring your learning curve is quicker and less frustrating.
- Our partner Durban Kite surfing School instructors currently have a combined teaching experience (both local and International) of over 12 years. They are also all fully qualified and endorsed IKO Level 1 and 2 Instructors.
Just north of the city is Umhlanga, a popular holiday area noted for its fine beaches, surrounding environment and excellent leisure and shopping centres. Extreme Sports Café’s partner Durban Kite surfing School runs Kitesurfing lessons from a beautiful lagoon along the beautiful north coast of KZN, (KwaZulu Natal) just past Umhlanga. The Lagoon offers a perfect flat water area for kitesurfing lessons in Durban. There is no need to worry about getting battered by the waves, or tumbled in the shore-break at this idyllic location.
For more information on kite surfing in Durban near Umhlanga from Extreme Sports Cafe, please check our Kitesurfing Durban South Africa page.
Durban Kitesurfing Courses near Umhlanga in South Africa from Extreme Sports Cafe
Durban Kitesurfing Lessons
All of the kite surfing courses can be adapted to suit your individual skill level. All you have to do is select how many hours you would like and decide what kitesurfing skills you would like to improve on. The kite surfing school can cater for all kitesurfing skill levels from Beginner to Advanced kitesurfers.
Durban 2 Hours Kitesurfing Lesson R495 This Kitesurfing lesson can be taken by any level to help improve or refresh your current kitesurfing skills or as an Introduction to kite boarding a 2-hour land based kitesurfing lesson covering:
This Kitesurfing lesson can be taken by any level to help improve or refresh your current kitesurfing skills or as an Introduction to kite boarding a 2-hour land based kitesurfing lesson covering:
- Safety theory.
- Kite set-up and kite maintenance.
- Understanding the wind window.
- Basic kite flying skill.
Durban Half-Day Beginner Kitesurfing Course R900
This Beginner kitesurfing course is the most efficient course and gets students to a really comfortable point where they are not too tired and have thoroughly enjoyed themselves having had an amazing Kitesurfing experience. Achievement level depending on students rate of learning. Approx. 4hrs.
Durban 2-Day Beginner Kitesurfing Course R1,800
This kitesurfing course includes the 4hrs Kite surfing Beginner Course and will also get you ready to start riding on the board, closer to becoming an independent kiteboarder. Achievement level depending on students rate of learning. Approx. 8hrs.
Durban 3-Day Beginner Kitesurfing Course R2,700
This 3 day Kitesurfing course includes land and water based sessions where you will be taught basic Kiteboarding skills, taking you from learning to control the kite to getting up and ridding safely.
* Upon successful completion of this course you could gain an IKO Level 2 Certificate. Approx. 12hrs.
- Kite & Equipment setup.
- Kite handling/flying.
- Equipment choice.
- Safety procedures.
- Weather awareness.
- Body dragging skills.
- Water re-launching.
- Water starts.
Please Note - * Individual progress, ability and stamina does vary and the final decision for certification level is based on instructor satisfaction and is not guaranteed.
Durban Kitesurfing IKO Level 3 (K) Certification R900
This is usually a 4hour Kite surfing lesson to gain your Level 3 Kitesurfing Certification. Please contact us if you would like to do this kite surfing course.
Kitesurfing Durban South Africa Notes
- Kitesurfing is a physical activity that requires a certain level of fitness. If you are unsure please consult your doctor.
- All kite surfing equipment required for the kitesurfing lessons is provided.
- Our partner Durban school is equipped with the latest Flexifoil kites and safety gear. This contributes to ensuring your kitesurfing lesson is safe, efficient and enjoyable.
- Kite surfing equipment hire is also available please contact us for rates and info.
- The utmost is done to ensure that every pupil reaches the stipulated IKO Certification within the above-mentioned timeframe. Individual progress and stamina does vary and the final decision is based on instructor satisfaction and is not guaranteed.
- All kitesurfing lessons are reliant on minimum and maximum wind strengths.
- Our partner Durban Kite surfing school policy is to take no more that two students per instructor. One-on-one kitesurfing lessons are also available to provide for your individual needs.
Durban Kitesurfing Beginner Lessons Breakdown
- Step 1: Introduction to Kitesurfing - Includes safety, equipment setup, understanding the wind and land based flying.
- Step 2: Water Introduction. Includes large kite handling, self-launch and body dragging.
- Step 3: Water Skills. Includes advanced body dragging, water re-launch and basic board skills.
- Step 4: Board Basics. Includes water starts and first ride.
- Step 5: Supervised Riding and Tips. Riding with power, change of direction and holding an edge.
Approximately 4 to 5 lessons are needed to gain IKO Level 2 Certified. (steps 1 to 4 must be completed)
Kitesurfing Durban Courses near Umhlanga in South Africa from Extreme Sports Cafe