Learn to kitesurf quickly and safely in one of Europe's top kitesurf locations. The Alacati kitesurf area in Turkey, is the perfect place for kiteboarders to enjoy great kite boarding conditions. Extreme Sports Cafe's newest partner kitesurfing school provide kiteboarding lessons for all levels and have the latest North kite surfing equipment for rent and sale. The Alacati area is perfect for all levels of kitesurfers, beginners taking kiteboarding lessons, intermediates wanting to improve their kiteboarding skills or advanced levels looking to experience the great local kite riding conditions.
Alacati is a charming town located on the Cesme peninsular on Turkey's beautiful Aegean coast. (Originally a Greek village many of the old stone houses remain) Overlooked by a row of stone windmills, the town's cobbled streets are lined with stone houses, shops and tavernas, and dotted with friendly guesthouses and boutique hotels. The shops sell local crafts, jewellery and antiques; while the village square is filled with market stalls and open-air cafes. Alacati is 70 km west of the city of Izmir and can be easily reached from Izmir airport.
- The Alacati kitesurf centre sits beside, Alacati Bay 3km south of the village. It has become Turkey's top wind sport location thanks to it's protected, shallow water, strong reliable wind and great ridding conditions. It is an established destination for kiteboarders and windsurfers from across Europe and a venue for international competitions, which attracts thousands of spectators each summer.
- The Urla Kitesurf Center is 29 km from Alacatı. Located on a large protected bay with shallow, flat-water and lots of space Urla is a great location to learn how to kitesurf. For experienced kiteboarders there is lots of space and great flat water conditions for practicing your latest tricks. Regular down winders are also organised at Urla.
Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Turkey Kitesurfing School courses can be run in English, German or Turkish with a focus on helping students, learn to kite board safely while having fun too. Extreme Sports Cafe's partner Turkey Kitesurfing School, is run by a Turkish registered company that is committed to the advancement of the sport of kite boarding in Turkey. They are also the official North Kiteboarding distributor for Turkey using only the latest equipment.
For more information on kitesurfing courses in Alacati from Extreme Sports Cafe please check our Kitesurfing Turkey Courses page.
Kitesurfing Alacati & Urla inTurkey Courses from Extreme Sports Cafe
Kitesurfing Turkey - Kitesurfing winds Alacati and Ural
Alacati is a natural playground for kiteboarders and wind surfers thanks to its wide, shallow bay and the meltem. It is a seasonal climatic system that creates great wind throughout the summer from May-September and more often in October too. The meltem wind is strong, stable and reliable, with over 25 windy days a month during the summer, typical wind speeds of 16-26 knots. Urla enjoys similar wind conditions to Alacati with the Meltem and gets over 21 windy days a month during the summer with typical wind speeds of 14-22 knots.
- In summer the meltem wind starts like clockwork at 10-11 am, strengthening during the afternoon to 4-5 Beaufort before dying out at sunset. But it is not uncommon for the wind to get up to 5-7 Beaufort and continue blowing day and night for a week or more.
- Off-season the wind is more variable but the weather is still warm in April/May and October/November. Even in December the kiteboarding conditions can be excellent. There are some great kiteboarding spots on the Cesme peninsular for freestyle and wave riding.
- Best time for kiteboarding in Alacati is June and September when the wind is good for kiteboarding and the weather is great.
Kitesurfing Turkey - Notes Cesme Peninsular
The Cesme peninsular is one of the most beautiful and unspoilt areas on the Turkish coast. It is also popular with Turkish holidaymakers for it's great beaches, cool summer breezes and relaxed atmosphere. Cesme has hardly been discovered by European tourists.
- There are many interesting sights and great beaches on the Cesme peninsular with plenty of activities on offer, scuba diving, sailing, boat trips, wakeboarding or visit one of the local hot springs and relax those muscles.
- There are also many historical sights like the ancient city of Efesus within an easy day-trip range.
- After dark there are nightspots to suit all tastes, from friendly tavernas to slick cocktail bars, with a selection of nightclubs and beach bars open until dawn.
- In summer, Alacati is popular with Turkish tourists and a small but growing number of European kiteboarders and wind surfers. Outside the main holiday months of July and August, the pace of life is slow and Alacati reverts to being a sleepy Turkish town.
Kite surfing Turkey - Getting There Alacati Turkey
Our partner Alacati Kitesurf Center is located on Alacati Bay, 3 km from the pretty town of Alacati. Alacati is on the Cesme Peninsular, 70 km west of the city of Izmir, which has a large international airport.
- Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport handles flights from across Europe. British Airways, Lufthansa and Cyprus Turkish Airlines are some of the airlines with direct scheduled flights.
- During the summer season (April-October) there are many charter flights to Izmir.
- There are low-cost and daily scheduled flights to Istanbul. There are domestic flights from Istanbul to Izmir every hour.
Kite surfing Turkey - Getting to the Kitesurfing Turkey School
- By transfers: Our partner Turkey kite school offer a 24hrs Alacati airport transfer service from Izmir airport. Advanced booking is required. The journey takes about 1 hour and costs approx €55 per person return.
- By Bus: There are regular public buses from Izmir to Cesme throughout the year. Buses leave from Izmir's Uckuyular bus station almost every hour. The journey takes 45-60 minutes and costs 12 YTL. Note: the Uckuyular bus station is on the opposite side of the city to the main bus terminal.
- By Car hire: Car hire is available from Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport when you arrive or in Cesme itself. There is an excellent highway between Izmir and Alacati, just follow the signs for Cesme and exit at the signs for Alacati.
Kitesurfing Alacati & Urla in Turkey Courses from Extreme Sports Cafe